FW: great gaming stuff...

  • Camire, Tony (CSC)
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      Moderators: Feel free to not let this pass through if it falls under the ban about talking about 9/11. I understand and will not be offended.

      I have a friend that writes for White Wolf, and other gaming systems. She sent me this message, and I promised to pass it on to the list. I'm sure there will be something here to interest many in our group.

      -Tony

    • vivian_abraham@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
        --- In bostongamers@y..., "Camire, Tony (CSC)" <darksmurf@a...> wrote:
        > Moderators: Feel free to not let this pass through if it falls
        under the ban about talking about 9/11. I understand and will not be
        offended.

        I think that this effort by the gaming community is on topic. The
        ban on discussion of 9/11 was intended to spare those who were still
        waiting to hear from relatives and friends the difficulties of
        continual barrage on this subject, as well as to prevent heated
        arguments about something which is, as a whole, off topic. I think
        by this point we have all, more or less, had time to recover from the
        immediate effects of 9/11, and because this is something that the
        gaming community is doing, it is something we can talk about in that
        context.

        There was a lot of dissent about the moderation of the list and the
        way that the 9/11 issue was handled, but it was handled to the best
        of our ability. I hope that if anyone has any further questions or
        concerns, they will email me privately.

        Vivian