Re: Hello!

  • vivian_abraham@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 1, 2001
      --- In bostongamers@y..., "Catherine A. M. Preble" <cpreble@m...>
      wrote:

      > Hello all you fellow gamers.

      Hi there!

      > I'm sort of unique, in that I'm a female gamer, and have been one
      since I
      > was about 12 years old.

      ROTFLOL! Ummmm, how do you feel about not being quite so unique?
      About half the gamers on the BG list are female :) Many of us have
      been gaming for over ten years as well! Hope you don't mind :)

      > Currently, we live in Marshfield, where we run a LARP in an
      alternate
      > history. If you're interested, the website is www.trollbait.com
      and we
      > have our next game July 6-8, 2001 in Marshfield, MA.
      >
      > We have over 5 acres here, plus a great hall that seats 75. We're
      a Bed
      > and Breakfast, and also host other events, functions, and LARPs.

      Neat, I'm sure that many people on the list will be interested!

      Welcome to the list!

      Vivian
    • Catherine A. M. Preble
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 1, 2001
        At 06:21 PM 7/1/01, you wrote:
        >--- In bostongamers@y..., "Catherine A. M. Preble" <cpreble@m...>
        >wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello all you fellow gamers.
        > >

        >Hi there!
        >
        > > I'm sort of unique, in that I'm a female gamer, and have been one
        >since I
        > > was about 12 years old.
        >
        >ROTFLOL! Ummmm, how do you feel about not being quite so unique?
        >About half the gamers on the BG list are female :) Many of us have
        >been gaming for over ten years as well! Hope you don't mind :)

        Vivian, you have no idea how happy I am to have you tell me that!

        There has been many a convention or expo that my husband and I have
        attended where I have been 1 of a dozen women with about 600 men in
        attendance. The biggest problem I've had is trying to get other women
        interested in gaming.

        And Mind! No way! I'm so glad I'm not alone anymore!!!

        Cathy

      • vivian_abraham@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 1, 2001

          > There has been many a convention or expo that my husband and I have
          > attended where I have been 1 of a dozen women with about 600 men in
          > attendance. The biggest problem I've had is trying to get other
          women
          > interested in gaming.

          Wow, what conventions have you been going to? I hit Arisia and
          Intercon every year, and the ratio is at least close to 50/50. The
          last con I went to with that poor an attendance as far as female
          gamers go was Total Confusion and that was years ago. That was also
          my last RPGA con, which may have something to do with it :)

          Viv
        • david copeland
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 2, 2001
            mike,

            please include me in any games that you are planning on starting. will
            play anything from WOD to D&D (any edition). i live in allston right by a T
            stop so getting anywhere along the T will not be a problem for me. almost
            any time of day.

            Dave
            stone_hearted@...

          • Eeeeka Emrick
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 2, 2001
              > > > I'm sort of unique, in that I'm a female gamer, and have been one
              > >since I
              > > > was about 12 years old.
              > >
              > >ROTFLOL! Ummmm, how do you feel about not being quite so unique?
              > >About half the gamers on the BG list are female :) Many of us have
              > >been gaming for over ten years as well! Hope you don't mind :)
              >
              > Vivian, you have no idea how happy I am to have you tell me that!

              Well, I haven't been gaming for as long as Viv, but I'm totally hoooked
              now. Most of the games I'm in have at least half women, if not more...
              Admittedly, I started gaming in college and went to a women's college, so
              that *might* have something to do with it. I'm vaguely unusual because I
              started gaming with LARPing instead of tabletop. I still do both. In
              fact, I think I'm running a LAPR at Arisia this year. *sigh*

              Eeeeka
            • Joseph Teller
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 2, 2001
                Hey Cathy, Kiralee & Cindy says hi too.
                :-)

                I've been on this list for quite some time (since back when there were only a couple of dozen folks).

                By the way, I dropped by your website, it's looking very nice.

                Joe
                And Mind! No way! I'm so glad I'm not alone anymore!!!

                Cathy

              • Jon Hubal
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 2, 2001
                  You might try accessdenied.net, a database of gamers, their locations,
                  favorite games, skill levels, email address, and prefered times to play.

                  Jon
                • Chronicles .org
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 2, 2001
                    Eeeeka wrote:
                    >Admittedly, I started gaming in college and went to a women's >college,

                    Ok, eeeeka.. I'm died to know...
                    Smith, Mt. Holyoke, Vassar?

                    >In fact, I think I'm running a LAPR at Arisia this year. *sigh*

                    *ouch* How did you manage that one? And what are you planning on running?

                    Avid LARPer,
                    Christopher

                  • Eeeeka Emrick
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 2, 2001
                      > >Admittedly, I started gaming in college and went to a women's >college,
                      >
                      > Ok, eeeeka.. I'm died to know...
                      > Smith, Mt. Holyoke, Vassar?

                      You died??? Then who am I writing to????

                      Er, sorry.

                      I went to Wellesley.... I grew up there, and just had to come back. Or
                      something like that.

                      > >In fact, I think I'm running a LAPR at Arisia this year. *sigh*
                      >
                      > *ouch* How did you manage that one? And what are you planning on running?

                      Ummm, well, my co-writer works with someone who is organizing Arisia...I
                      think. And he convinced her and she convinced me, and we actually managed
                      to convince the floor GMs...;) We're planning on running Broadway's on
                      the Rocks: with a Twist. It's the game we tried to run at Intercon, but
                      we forced to drop due to lack of sign ups. Given that Arisia doesn't
                      usually have more than one LARP a year, we should be OK, though. :) And
                      this is still up in the air, so please don't take it for granted...

                      Eeeeka