M&G + Eventses

    Message 1 of 39 , Apr 30 7:47 AM
      Spring has definitely SPRUNG!!! 70-degree days, into the tulip phase of the seasonal flower parade, leaves on most of the trees, buds popping everywhere. We have the garden planted and are looking forward to fresh produce and tasty tomatoes on the future.

      So much good stuff coming up, folks are definitely coming out from behind curtained windows and the blue hypnotic hibernation of a Winters TV season.

      How about coming out on May 31st to Imagine FIGMENT at the Charles River Museum of Industry and Innovation and help us raise the necessarey funds to put on this fine event of public, interactive art AND have a great, fun time while doing it. Go hear to find out more and buy yourself a ticket

      http://boston.figmentproject.org/2013/04/imagine-figment/

      We will still be gathering tonight at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

      http://www.cambrew.com

      7:30PM 'til late.

      Ongoing Events:

      April 18-May 26
      Samurai Film Festival
      Boston Museum of Fine Arts
      http://www.mfa.org/programs/film

      May 1-4:
      New Museum: Ideas City
      New Museum, 235 Bowery, NY, NY
      http://www.newmuseum.org/ideascity

      May 2-12:
      The Boston LGBT Film Festival
      Boston Museum of Fine Arts
      http://www.mfa.org/programs/film
      Brattle Theatre
      http://www.brattlefilm.org

      May 3-5:
      Somerville Open Studios
      http://www.somervilleopenstudios.org/

      June 10-13:
      Intensive Course of Health & Human Rights: Concepts, Implementation & Impact
      http://tinyurl.com/bnzxgbx

      INDIVIDUAL EVENTS:

      Tue April 30:
      Nudes Night  -  6-8:00PM
      Photographic resource Center, 832 Comm. Ave., Boston
      http://www.bu.edu/prc/nightsprc.htm

      Frozen in Time  -  7:00PM
      Brookline Booksmith 279 Harvard St., Coolidge Corner
      http://www.brooklinebooksmith-shop.com/event/mitchell-zuckoff-frozen-time

      Wed. May 1:
      Marble Conservation - 6-7:00PM
      MFA Boston
      http://www.mfa.org/programs/gallery-activities-and-tours/gallery-talk-behind-scenes-relocation-and-conservation-ancie-1

      Allergies & the Modern World - 7:00PM
      Pfizer Auditorium, Mallinckrodt Bldg., Harvard University
      http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/spring-seminars/

      May Day Morris Dancing
      Weeks Foot Bridge, Cambridge
      http://rgoldman.org/morris/mayday#Boston

      Somerville Open Studios: Fashion Show
      Arts at the Armory, 191 Highland Ave., Somerville
      http://www.artsatthearmory.org

      Thur. May 2:
      NE Model Engineering Society Meeting - 7:00PM
      Charles River Museum of Industry
      http://www.neme-s.org

      FiG! Spinning at Elements Drum & Bass - 10:00PM-2:00PM
      Phoenix Landing, 512 Mass Ave., Cambridge
      http://elements-dnb.com/

      JP First Thursday  -  6-8:00PM
      https://www.facebook.com/JPcentresouth

      Fri. May 3:
      SOWA First Fridays - 5-9:00PM
      http://www.sowaartistsguild.com/calendar.html

      MFA First Fridays - 5:30-9:30PM
      http://www.mfa.org/programs/special-event/mfa-first-fridays

      Opening of Seeds from Impermanace  -  6-8:00PM
      Vessels Gallery, 450 Harrison Ave., #71
      http://www.vesselsgallery.com

      Sat. May 4:
      Wake Up the Earth Festival - 11:00AM-6:00PM
      Stony Brook Deck Southwest Corridor Park
      http://www.spontaneouscelebrations.org/

      Spring Blues & Folk Concert & Art Reception  -  2:00PM
      Old Schwamb Mill, 17 Mill Lane, Arlington
      http://www.oldschwambmill.org
      Tours of South Station - 1:00PM
      http://www.south-station.net/events/south-station-tours

      Convergence: Boston Sculptor's Gallery Exhibit Opening - 2-5:00PM
      Christian Science Plaza, Mass Ave., Boston
      http://bostonsculptors.com/

      Sun. May 5:
      Help Bikes Not Bombs Load a Container for Ghana - 10:00AM-5:00PM
      10 Harvard Street, Dorchester
      https://bikesnotbombs.org/container-loading/385

      Boston Tweed Ride - 10:30AM
      Parkman Bandstand, Boston Common

      Harvard Sq. MayFair
      Harvard Sq., Cambridge
      http://www.harvardsquare.com

      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 4, 2014
        Firefly Art Grant applications are due TODAY!!! So far, the flood of last-minute completions is keeping pace with previous years, ie they are all arriving last night and today...

        For all you even laster minute folks out there:

        http://fireflyartscollective.org/art-grants/creativity-grants/

        This Thursday, at 8:00PM, out good friend, the incomparable Rob Byrd will bringing his Twilight Tipi ambient guitar to MIT's Bartos Theatre.

        Daylight Savings Begins THIS Sunday!!! Soon we will start seeing crocii breaking through the hard, frozen soil of sub-arctic Boston. Shoot, hardly seems possible, even the river is still frozen...

        I will not be sending out next week's M&G announce as I will not be around during the day. Anyone else is more than welcome to jump in.

        7:30 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

        http://www.cambrew.com

        EVENTSES:
        March 4-14:
        Salem Film Festival
        http://salemfilmfest.com/2014/
        http://cinemasalem.com/

        March 12-16:
        Boston Flower & Garden Show
        Seaport World Trade Center, 200 Seaport Boulevard, Boston
        http://www.bostonflowershow.com/

        Thur. Mar. 6:
        Free Admission to the ICA  -  5-9:00PM

        First Thursdays in JP - Evenings
        Centre St., JP
        http://www.jpcentresouthmainstreets.com/first-thursday/

        NE Model Engineering Society Meeting - 7:00PM
        Charles River Museum of Industry
        http://www.neme-s.org

        Public Meeting: Potential Adverse Effects of USPS Proposed Sale
        Somerville Main Post Office - 7:00PM
        3rd Floor Conference Rm, City Hall, 93 Highland Ave. Somerville

        F-Stop Local: A Visual Arts Screening Series - 7:30 PM
        Arts at the Armory, 192 Highland Ave., Somerville
        http://artsatthearmory.org/

        Rob Byrd: Twilight Tipi - 8:00PM
        MIT's Bartos Theater
        http://robbyrd.com/

        Fri. Mar. 7:
        SOWA First Fridays - 5-9:00PM
        http://www.sowaartistsguild.com/calendar.html

        MFA First Fridays - 5:30-9:30PM
        http://www.mfa.org/programs/special-event/mfa-first-fridays

        Sat. March 8:
        2nd Saturdays: Joy St. Artists Open Studios - Noon-6:00PM
        86 Joy St., Somerville
        http://www.joystreetartists.org

        Sun. March 9:
        Daylight Savings Begins

        Tue. March 11:
        Kabuki Dance & Music Workshop - 5-6:30PM
        Alumnae Hall Ballroom, Wellesley College, Wellesley
        http://www.wellesley.edu/event

        Reinvention of the Harvard Art Museums - 6:00PM
        BSA Space, 290 Congress Street, Boston
        http://www.architects.org/calendar/2014-3

        Wed. March 12:
        Mass Innovation Night - 6:00PM
        http://massinnovationnights.com

        The Heart of Japan: An Evening of Kabuki Dance & Music - 7:00PM
        Jewett Art Center Auditoreum, 106 Central St., Wellesley
        http://www.wellesley.edu/event