M&G + Eventses

    Message 1 of 39 , Apr 23, 2013
      Well, what a week our fine old city and its people have had.So many positive acts and gestures performed by so many folks to try to alleviate the sting of deranged actions. We were down by the impromptu memorial on Boylston St. on Sunday and there were a LOT of people down there, a huge pile of offerings, therapy dogs and puppies for to help the grieving. Quite a powerful and positively applied scene. Keep in mind that you never know what life will bring from moment to moment and enjoy and appreciate what you have and live that old life to the fullest.

      We will still be gathering tonight at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

      http://www.cambrew.com

      7:30PM 'til late.

      Ongoing Events:

      April 26-28:
      FIGMENT Alpha
      http://alpha.figmentproject.org/

      Independent Film Festival Boston
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
      http://brattlefilm.org/category/calendar-2/special-engagements/independent-film-festival-boston-2013/

      April 27-29:
      Art in Bloom
      Museum of Fine Arts Boston
      http://tinyurl.com/c2vkqsw

      June 10-13:
      Intensive Course of Health & Human Rights: Concepts, Implementation & Impact
      http://tinyurl.com/bnzxgbx

      INDIVIDUAL EVENTS:

      Tue. April 23:
      Building Art for the Outdoors  -  5-8:00PM
      Villa Victoria Center for the Arts, 85 W. Newton St., Boston
      http://tinyurl.com/cu8mjyj

      Thur. April 25:
      Beyond War: Reimagining American Influence in a New Middle East  -  7:00PM
      Brookline Booksmith, 279 Harvard St., Coolidge Corner
      http://www.brooklinebooksmith-shop.com/event/david-rohde-beyond-war

      Stringing Past to Present: Fiber Arts Old into New  -  7:00PM

      2nd Floor Art Room, 24 Eliot Street, JP

      http://www.eliotschool.org/events/talk-stringing-past-present

      Found vs. Found  -  8:00PM
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
      http://brattlefilm.org/2013/04/25/found-vs-found/

      Fri. April 26:
      Boston Shines
      City of Boston
      http://www.cityofboston.gov/ons/bostonshines/2013.asp

      Sat. April 27:
      Nave Gallery Flea Market  -  10:00AM-2:00PM
      Nave Gallery, 155 Powderhouse Blvd., Somerville
      http://www.navegallery.org

      Boston Shines
      City of Boston
      http://www.cityofboston.gov/ons/bostonshines/2013.asp

      Street Seats Opening Celebration  -  1-3:00PM
      Around Fort Point Channel, Boston
      http://designmuseumboston.org/2013/03/street-seats-opening-celebration/

      Sun. April 28:
      Run of the Charles Canoe Race
      http://www.crwa.org/rotc/rotc.html

      Firefly Town Hall Meeting  -  2-8:00PM
      Redtail, 369 Congress St., 7th Floor, Boston

      Opening Reception: Media Mixup  -  4-6:00PM
      Brickbottom Gallery, 1 Fitchburg St., Somerville
      http://www.brickbottomartists.com/

      Mon. April 29:
      Contemporary takes on craft by seven not-so-conventional craftspeople  -  7:00PM
      Tower Auditorium, Mass College of Art, 621 Huntington Ave.
      https://www.facebook.com/MakeSpeak?ref=hl

      Tue April 30:
      Nudes Night  -  6-8:00PM
      Photographic resource Center, 832 Comm. Ave., Boston
      http://www.bu.edu/prc/nightsprc.htm

      Frozen in Time  -  7:00PM
      Brookline Booksmith 279 Harvard St., Coolidge Corner
      http://www.brooklinebooksmith-shop.com/event/mitchell-zuckoff-frozen-time
      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 4, 2014
        Firefly Art Grant applications are due TODAY!!! So far, the flood of last-minute completions is keeping pace with previous years, ie they are all arriving last night and today...

        For all you even laster minute folks out there:

        http://fireflyartscollective.org/art-grants/creativity-grants/

        This Thursday, at 8:00PM, out good friend, the incomparable Rob Byrd will bringing his Twilight Tipi ambient guitar to MIT's Bartos Theatre.

        Daylight Savings Begins THIS Sunday!!! Soon we will start seeing crocii breaking through the hard, frozen soil of sub-arctic Boston. Shoot, hardly seems possible, even the river is still frozen...

        I will not be sending out next week's M&G announce as I will not be around during the day. Anyone else is more than welcome to jump in.

        7:30 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

        http://www.cambrew.com

        EVENTSES:
        March 4-14:
        Salem Film Festival
        http://salemfilmfest.com/2014/
        http://cinemasalem.com/

        March 12-16:
        Boston Flower & Garden Show
        Seaport World Trade Center, 200 Seaport Boulevard, Boston
        http://www.bostonflowershow.com/

        Thur. Mar. 6:
        Free Admission to the ICA  -  5-9:00PM

        First Thursdays in JP - Evenings
        Centre St., JP
        http://www.jpcentresouthmainstreets.com/first-thursday/

        NE Model Engineering Society Meeting - 7:00PM
        Charles River Museum of Industry
        http://www.neme-s.org

        Public Meeting: Potential Adverse Effects of USPS Proposed Sale
        Somerville Main Post Office - 7:00PM
        3rd Floor Conference Rm, City Hall, 93 Highland Ave. Somerville

        F-Stop Local: A Visual Arts Screening Series - 7:30 PM
        Arts at the Armory, 192 Highland Ave., Somerville
        http://artsatthearmory.org/

        Rob Byrd: Twilight Tipi - 8:00PM
        MIT's Bartos Theater
        http://robbyrd.com/

        Fri. Mar. 7:
        SOWA First Fridays - 5-9:00PM
        http://www.sowaartistsguild.com/calendar.html

        MFA First Fridays - 5:30-9:30PM
        http://www.mfa.org/programs/special-event/mfa-first-fridays

        Sat. March 8:
        2nd Saturdays: Joy St. Artists Open Studios - Noon-6:00PM
        86 Joy St., Somerville
        http://www.joystreetartists.org

        Sun. March 9:
        Daylight Savings Begins

        Tue. March 11:
        Kabuki Dance & Music Workshop - 5-6:30PM
        Alumnae Hall Ballroom, Wellesley College, Wellesley
        http://www.wellesley.edu/event

        Reinvention of the Harvard Art Museums - 6:00PM
        BSA Space, 290 Congress Street, Boston
        http://www.architects.org/calendar/2014-3

        Wed. March 12:
        Mass Innovation Night - 6:00PM
        http://massinnovationnights.com

        The Heart of Japan: An Evening of Kabuki Dance & Music - 7:00PM
        Jewett Art Center Auditoreum, 106 Central St., Wellesley
        http://www.wellesley.edu/event