BOSTON AGAINST BOMBS EVERYWHERE

  • John Potts
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 16 12:11 PM
      Lets start a BOSTON AGAINST BOMBS EVERYWHERE movement.
      Solidarity with any city where bombs terrorize citizens.

      Boston could, for e.g. send at least - we feel your pain - type aid to every city in Syria that gets bombed, or anywhere in the world. Pakistan, Afghanistan, Sudan, The Congo, Mexico....

      Damascus, Kabul, Khartoum, Tripoli,
       New York City, Washington DC, Atlanta, Boston
      Tel Aviv, Gaza, Rome, London, Dublin.
      And too many more!

      AGAINST BOMBS means PRO HUMANS, sharing empathy, for a start. We do already, yes, we need to do more- otherwise we become numb. And deepening empathy is a start, slowly we go from there.
      The culture of our Burner Meme is deeply empathetic as we know. We all rise together, and cooperation is fun!!

      Ultimately a change the world away from competition to cooperation, to lets care for the least of us, and reduce the causes of war where ever we can, step by step, by changing the root causes.

      Paul Lee is putting together an event Saturday night,  if anyone on this list can help me find  and or execute a suitable graphic, I'd like to make some stickers that say that, to give away.

      On Apr 16, 2013, at 12:45 PM, peter durand <peterdurand01@...> wrote:

      This just came across one of my news feeds; one way to help

      'Because HandReach is based in Boston and focuses on burns and amputations, we are receiving calls to provide psychosocial support to the survivors of yesterday's explosions. If you can donate and help us extend care to those affected, please donate via: www.handreach.org'

      Message 2 of 15 , May 28, 2013
        Lots o' stuff happening. Fundraising has hit the maximum. Here is one that I like and it is eminently local, Phil Servita's Elephant in the Room. Be sure to watch the old-timey video featuring a real live strong man!

        http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-elephant-in-the-room-burning-man-2013-art-car/

        Last chance to buy tickets and help support FIGMENT Boston this year. our fundraiser is this coming Friday night:

        http://boston.figmentproject.org/2013/04/imagine-figment/

        Lots of new folks interested in the Burn and Burner events, perhaps they will be down at the CBC tonight and feeling talkative. Come on down and have a pint or two of the good stuff with us.

        7:30 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

        http://www.cambrew.com

        Ongoing Events:

        June 4-6:
        The Jimmy Fund Scooperbowl! - noon-8:00PM
        Boston City Hall Plaza
        http://scooperbowl.org/htmlcontent.asp?cid=638169

        June 10-13:
        Intensive Course of Health & Human Rights: Concepts, Implementation & Impact
        http://tinyurl.com/bnzxgbx

        June 13-16:
        Glass Boston
        http://www.societyofcrafts.org/learn/glassboston.asp

        INDIVIDUAL EVENTS:

        Wed. May 29:
        The Alien Worlds of Hydrothermal Vents - 7:00PM
        Pfizer Auditorium, 12 Oxford St., Harvard, Cambridge
        http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/spring-seminars/

        George Packer, The Unwinding: An Inner History of the New America - 7:00PM
        Harvard Bookstore, 1256 Mass Ave., Harvard Sq.
        http://www.harvard.com/event/george_packer/

        Urban Farming in Detroit Film - 7:00PM
        Arts at the Armory, 191 Highland Ave., Somerville
        http://www.artsatthearmory.org

        Fri. May 31:
        Beach Party - 4:45 & 7:00PM
        Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
        http://tinyurl.com/nnydc9f

        Imagine FIGMENT Fundraiser Party
        Charles River Museum of Industry & Innovation, Waltham, MA
        http://boston.figmentproject.org/2013/04/imagine-figment/

        Sat. June 1:
        Improv Quilting - 10:00AM-1:00PM
        Mills Gallery, Boston Center fr the Arts
        http://tinyurl.com/pxqgkub

        Cambridge River Festival - noon-6:00PM
        Charles River near Harvard Sq.
        http://www2.cambridgema.gov/CAC/Community//2011_Cambridge_River_Fest.cfm

        Tours of South Station - 1:00PM
        http://www.south-station.net/events/south-station-tours

        http://commonboston.org/2013/special-events/dparty-2013/
        26 Marginal Way, East Boston
        http://commonboston.org/2013/special-events/dparty-2013

        http://tinyurl.com/pcdqbub - 9:30PM
        Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
        http://tinyurl.com/pcdqbub

        Sun. June 2:
        Bikes Not Bombs Bike-a-thon - 8:00AM
        https://bikesnotbombs.org/

        4th Annual Carnaval@ SomerStreets on Broadway - Noon-4:00PM http://www.somervillema.gov/alerts/2013-somerstreets-series

        South Boston Open Studios  -  noon-6:00PM
        The Distillery, 516 E 2nd St., S Boston
        http://www.southbostonopenstudios/org

        The Pink Panther - noon & 4:30PM
        Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
        http://tinyurl.com/p9rfmxu

        Opening Reception for Defining Moments: Time and Memory in Artist Books - 4-6:00PM http://www.brickbottom.com

        Thur. June 6:
        Kiss Me Deadly - 6:30PM
        Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
        http://tinyurl.com/q7nwffa

        NE Model Engineering Society Meeting - 7:00PM
        Charles River Museum of Industry
        http://www.neme-s.org

        Fri. June 7:
        SOWA First Fridays - 5-9:00PM
        http://www.sowaartistsguild.com/calendar.html

        MFA First Fridays - 5:30-9:30PM
        http://www.mfa.org/programs/special-event/mfa-first-fridays

        Bike Night - 6:30-9:00PM
        The Westin Boston Waterfront
        http://massbike.org/newsevents/bike-night/

        John Williams Conducts The Boston Pops: Film Night
        http://www.bostonpops.org

        Sat. June 8:
        John Williams Conducts The Boston Pops: Film Night
        http://www.bostonpops.org

        Sun. June 9:
        Dragon Boat Races
        Charles River

        Boston Beekeepers Club Tour de Hives
        https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=518570301527626&set=a.398575086860482.108578.365723686812289&type=1&theater

        Tue. June 11:
        John Williams Conducts The Boston Pops: Film Night - 8:00PM http://www.bostonpops.org
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 16, 2013
          Firefly is over, long live Firefly! I just finished washing the mud off of everything that I own. At least it is not corrosive when moistened, unlike the Playa. There was enough mud on the Rover that we added it to the garden and I expect to see great results from that corner of the plot. What a great event this year! Re, re, re-inspired to get everything done for Burning Man.

          Thursday evening there will be a Boston FIGMENT M&G. A site tour begins at 6:00PM and starts at Dewey Sq. After that, join the crew for drinks at the Granary from 7 'til 10ish. This, our 4th year bringing FIGMENT to Boston should be amazing as the list of artists and performers is pretty darn cool.

          Come on out and support your community in these desperate times. This Saturday afternoon will be the 3rd Annual Smoke & Steam to support both the theme camp Automatic Subconscious that you know and love and hate and whose shade is oh so nice, and Video Bleep whose mastery of the DJ & VJ arts and spherical projection mapping is second to none. Some details are below in the EVENTSES Guide for Sat., July 20.

          Let's Go Fly a Bike needs your help too. Looking for people who want to help operate this bizarre creation while on-Playa. Especially looking for an organizing type person who can be responsible for recruiting and assigning volunteers to shifts. Please let me know if you are interested in helping out at all by dropping me an email off-list please.

          Tonight around 9:00 anyone who is interested will be asked to leave the CBC bar for a brief interlude and help us out on singing a rousing rendition of  'Let's Go Fly a Bike' in the courtyard. Hopefully someone with either a decent video recorder, or, more importantly, a good audio recorder, will be on hand to record us so that it can be used in an Indie-Go-Go campaign to update and send LGFaB to the Playa this year. If there is no recording equipment available, then at least we shall have a bit of fun.

          So much stuff happening, what a whirlwind this time of year always is. Very inspiring, very crazed, very, very... space madness inducing. Add into this frothy mix the fact that we now have 4 Burning Man Regional Representatives! The BMorg has noticed that we are really doing a lot up here in the land of Boston and have seen fit to give us a little more of a voice. Congratulations are in order to Terry Dovidio, Jered Floyd and myself I guess as we join the Peter Durand in representing our regions needs, wants hopes desires and etc. to the larger Burning Man organization.

          Oh My Gawd! Does the truck really really load in 25 short days?!??!?!!!
          Does the Man Burn in 46?  Plenty o' time, plenty o' time, to lose your ever loving mind that is.

          Time Expanding Gin, here I come!

          Tonight, 7:30PM 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

          http://www.cambrew.com

          Come on down and hoist a pint or two of the finest fermented brew around and tell us all about how you are going to get your Burning Man projects all done LOOOOONG before truck loading. This year for sure.

          EVENTSES:

          July 13-21:
          Outside the Box festival
          Free Music & performing Arts
          Boston Common
          http://outsidetheboxboston.org/

          Wed. July 17:
          Mary Louise Kelly reads from Anonymous Sources: A Novel - 7:00PM
          Harvard Bookstore, 126 Mass Ave., Harvard Sq.
          http://www.harvard.com/event/mary_louise_kelly

          Thur. July 18:
          15th Annual Lantern Festival - 6-9:00PM
          Forest Hills Cemetery
          http://www.foresthillstrust.org

          FIGMENT Boston M&G
          6:00PM at Dewey for a site walk
          7-10ishPM at the Granary Tavern for the actual meetup
           http://www.granarytavern.com/

          Fri. July 19:
          Earth is being photographed from Saturn today, be sure to wave!
          http://weather.yahoo.com/wave-saturn-nasa-probe-photograph-earth-deep-space-185858170.html

          Art Beat
          Davis Sq., Somerville
          http://www.somervilleartscouncil.org/artbeat/2013

          Sat. July 20:
          Art Beat
          Davis Sq., Somerville
          http://www.somervilleartscouncil.org/artbeat/2013

          Smoke & Steam  -  2:00PM
          Boston Harbor Arts, 256 Marginal Street, East Boston!
          Grill, smoker, home brew, steam, DJs and performances.
          RSVP here: videobleeprsvp@...
          Updates will be on the FB event.

          Sun. July 21:
          MIT Flea! - 9:00AM-2:00PM
          Albany St. Garage, Cambridge
          http://w1mx.mit.edu/flea-at-mit

          Davis Sq. Flea Market - 10:00AM-4:00PM
          Crnr Buena Vista Rd. & Holland St.
          http://www.thedavisflea.com/Home.html

          Tue. July 23:
          Nave Gallery & Annex Fundraiser - 5-11:30PM
          45 Day St., Davis Sq., Somerville
          http://navegallery.org/wp/flatbread-fundraiser-for-the-nave/

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 22, 2013
            What a great time of the year! I just love me this Autumn weather. Hope that you have your costuming all figured out for the Halloween season. Still refining the ideas on mine, tick, tick, tick...

            The First eva New England Connecticut Unofficial Regional Burn-like Event, NECTR was a fantabulous success this past weekend. The best possible vibe, people and weather came together for an exceptional late fall romp in the woods. Thanks again to all of the organizers and participants.

            Mass Creative has a Create the Vote Campaign for to make Arts Advocacy an integral part of the next Boston Mayoral campaign. check it out here:

            http://www.mass-creative.org/createthevote

            Come on down to the CBC tonight for to drink beer and flap your mouth parts around and disturb the air around you with wild ideas and crazy attitudes.

            7:30PM 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

            http://www.cambrew.org

            EVENTSES

            Thur. Oct. 24:
            Jackie Pancari: Parallel Journeys  -  7:00PM
            The 15th Annual Hazelgrove Memorial Glass Lecture
            Room 32-123, Stata Center, MIT
            http://glasslab.scripts.mit.edu/hazlegrove/

            Boston Arm Wrestling Dames  -  7:30PM
            Oberon, Harvard Sq.
            http://americanrepertorytheater.org/oberon

            Firefly Arts Collective Organizational development meeting  -  7:30PM
            369 Congress St., 7th Floor

            Fri. Oct. 25:
            The Ellis Boston Antiques Show
            Cyclorama, 539 Tremont St., South End, Boston
            http://ellisboston.com/

            New England Explorers Club presents a Talk on Kamchatka  -  7:30PM
            Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel, 400 Soldiers Field Road

            Sat. Oct. 26:
            The Ellis Boston Antiques Show
            Cyclorama, 539 Tremont St., South End, Boston
            http://ellisboston.com/

            Bar Camp Boston
            MIT Stata Center
            http://wiki.barcampboston.org/

            Sun. Oct. 27:
            The Ellis Boston Antiques Show
            Cyclorama, 539 Tremont St., South End, Boston
            http://ellisboston.com/

            Davis Sq. Flea Market - 10:00AM-4:00PM
            Crnr Buena Vista Rd. & Holland St.
            http://www.thedavisflea.com/Home.html

            Bar Camp Boston
            MIT Stata Center
            http://wiki.barcampboston.org/

            Tue. Oct. 29:
            Inauguration: Illumination Northern Ave. Bridge
            Harborwalk at Northern Ave., Boston
            http://lightboston.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/NorthPointBridgeOct29-2013.pdf

            The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari - 7:30PM
            Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
            http://brattlefilm.org/2013/10/29/the-cabinet-of-dr-caligari-2/

            Wed. Oct. 30:
            Night of the Living Dead - 7:30PM
            Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
            http://brattlefilm.org/2013/10/30/night-of-the-living-dead/

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 29, 2013

              So heart-warming to see the community, both far and wide, turning out to help someone in need. One of my absolute favoritest things about this community is that it is so much more than just a way to network for parties, it is a creative nexus whereby so many interesting and challenging things get accomplished AND it is a fantastic support network for when shitty things happen. let's keep up doing the good stuff. The fund for to help Gabriella recover from having her house burn down is coming long nicely. Here is the link if you are interested in helping out:

              https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/t8c3/gabriella-s-fire-recovery-fund?utm_source=giveforward&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=donation_receipt_T0

              Open Studios Season is surely upon us. Take advantage of this opportunity to see actual real, live artists in their natural environments creating actual art out f raw materials, strange ideas and the spark of creativity. Some of it you will understand, some of it you will not get, some of it will be WTF?! and some of it may go home and be placed somewheres in your very own home. Happy adventuring!

              All Hallow's Eve is also upon us, come on down and let's talk about costume ideas, who knows what you might see around town this season, giant owls? the Four Seahorsemen of the Apocalypse? Belly-Dancers? Sparkle-Ponies? Gadzooks, perhaps even Struggalos...  Oh the HORROR of it all.

              Come on down and tell a scary story or two. If yours scares me, I will buy you a pint

              7:30PM 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

              http://www.cambrew.com

              ONGOING EVENTSES

              Fri. Nov. 1-Mon. Nov. 4:
              Guillermo del Toro Series
              Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
              Harvard Sq., Cambridge

              Fri. Nov 8-Sat Nov. 9:
              Beer Summit
              Park Plaza Castle, Boston
              http://www.beersummit.com/

              EVENTSES

              Tue. Oct. 29:
              Inauguration: Illumination Northern Ave. Bridge
              Harborwalk at Northern Ave., Boston
              http://lightboston.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/NorthPointBridgeOct29-2013.pdf

              The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari - 7:30PM
              Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
              http://brattlefilm.org/2013/10/29/the-cabinet-of-dr-caligari-2/

              BikeSmut 7, The PornyExpress - 7:30PM
              369 Congress St, 7th floor, Boston
              https://www.facebook.com/events/556808791040973/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

              Wed. Oct. 30:
              Night of the Living Dead - 7:30PM
              Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
              http://brattlefilm.org/2013/10/30/night-of-the-living-dead/

              Thur. Oct. 31:
              HALLOWEEN!!!

              Fri. Nov. 1:
              SOWA First Fridays - 5-9:00PM
              http://www.sowaartistsguild.com/calendar.html

              Encounter on the Great Plains:
              Scandinavian Settlers and the Dispossession of Dakota Indians, 1890-1930  -  3:00PM
              Harvard Bookstore, 1256 Mass. Ave., Harvard Sq.
              http://www.harvard.com/event/karen_v._hansen/

              MFA First Fridays  -  5:30-9:30PM
              http://www.mfa.org/programs/special-event/mfa-first-fridays

              Improvise, Hypothesize & Otherwise: New Music & Performance - 8:00PM
              Nave Gallery, 155 Powderhouse Blvd., Somerville
              https://www.facebook.com/events/222830431214916/2228304345482

              Comet ISON Viewing
              Comet ISON Viewing http://earthsky.org/space/big-sun-diving-comet-ison-might-be-spectacular-in-2013

              Sat. Nov. 2:
              Boston/Roslindale Open Studios - 11:00AM-5:00PM
              https://www.facebook.com/RoslindaleOpenStudios

              Waltham Mills Open Studios  -  11:00AM-5:00PM
              144 & 289 Moody St., Waltham
              http://www.wmaastudios.org/events/openstudios.php

              South Boston Open Studios - Noon-6:00PM
              http://www.southbostonopenstudios.org/

              Tours of South Station - 1:00PM
              http://www.south-station.net/events/south-station-tours

              Fixers Session w/the Fixers Collective - 3-6:00PM
              Mills Gallery, BCA, 551 Tremont St., Boston
              http://www.bcaonline.org/visualarts/mills-gallery/now-showing.html

              Sun. Nov. 3:
              Daylight Savings Time Ends

              Harvard Bookstore Frequent Buyers Sale
              Harvard Bookstore, 1256 Mass. Ave., Harvard Sq.
              http://www.harvard.com

              Boston/Roslindale Open Studios - 11:00AM-5:00PM
              https://www.facebook.com/RoslindaleOpenStudios

              Waltham Mills Open Studios  -  11:00AM-5:00PM
              144 & 289 Moody St., Waltham
              http://www.wmaastudios.org/events/openstudios.php

              South Boston Open Studios - Noon-6:00PM
              http://www.southbostonopenstudios.org/

              Mon. Nov. 4:
              Joanne Chang: The Science of Sweets
              Science Center Hall C, Harvard University
              http://www.seas.harvard.edu/cooking

              Wed. Nov. 6:
              Alan Dershowitz: Taking the Stand: My Life in the Law - 6:00PM
              Brattle Theatre, 40 Brattle St., Harvard Sq.
              http://www.harvard.com/event/alan_dershowitz/?utm_source=Newsletter+10

              Tactical Urbanism/Tactical Art - 6:30PM
              BSA Space 290 Congress St., Boston
              http://bostonapp.org

              Thur. Nov. 7:
              NE Model Engineering Society Meeting - 7:00PM
              Charles River Museum of Industry
              http://www.neme-s.org

              Fri. Nov. 8:
              North Bennett Street School Open House - Noon-4:00PM
              150 North Street, North End, Boston
              http://www.nbss.edu/

              MIT Museum Free Admission - 5-8:00PM
              Celebrate 150-Years of MIT
              http://web.mit.edu/museum/programs/secondfridays.html

              Sat. Nov. 9:
              North Bennett Street School Open House - 10:00AM-3:00PM
              150 North Street, North End, Boston
              http://www.nbss.edu/

              Allston/Brighton Open Studios - Noon-6:00PM
              119 Braintree St., Allston
              http://www.allstonarts.org/

              Glovebox: Short Film & Animation Festival - 2:00PM
              Regent Theatre, Arlington
              http://www.regenttheatre.com/details/glovebox_short_film_animation_festival

              Mary Bichner - 3-4:30pm
              Bigelow Chapel, Mt. Auburn Cemetery
              http://tinyurl.com/pdglgw9

              Sun. Nov. 10:

              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 10, 2013
                So much to dooooo! Here come the Christmas and we even have snow, after a fashion...

                Gabriella, whose house burned down last month, has great friends who are throwing Gabriella a FUNdraiser this Fri Dec 13, 2013 in Boston, MA (it's good luck, really!). The proceeds of door admission and silent auction items will go to help Gabriella get back on her feet. For more information and details on how to rsvp for the party, volunteer your time and/or donate to the auction click here: http://welovegabriella.com/

                Just in case you have forgotten one of the trials of the desert wastes, here is a useful info-graphic, so, remember to Piss Clear!

                http://lifehacker.com/what-the-color-of-your-pee-says-about-your-health-1477171258

                The next two were so useful, or just so damned well written, that I am repaeting them again this week.

                Howsabout something hand-made? something arty? something crafty for that specials someone(s)? Below you will find a vast plethora of options for Holiday sales and festivals wherein you can find all manner of strange artists hawking their uniquely odd creations for you to take home, wrap festively and give to others so that they can brighten their nests in the deep darkness of the interminably dark, Northern boreal time of the snows and too much television watching.

                ArchitectureBoston magazine is devoting its Spring 2014 issue to the many planning and design challenges facing Boston's new mayor, Marty Walsh. Help us show the new mayor what works by nominating your favorite Boston building, public space, or urban policy initiative, from the ICA to Jackson Square to the food trucks on the Greenway. Send your shout-outs, with a brief explanation on their importance, and a high-resolution photograph if you have one, to <ideas@...> by December 31.

                Come on down to the CBC this evening and hoist that pint and think about just how much all of your relatives would appreciate you if you brought them BEER for the Holidays!

                7:30PM 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

                http://www.cambrew.com

                EVENTSES

                Dec. 6-15:
                Mudflat Open Studios & Holiday Sale
                81 Broadway, Somerville
                http://www.mudflat.org/general/sales.htm

                Dec. 12-17:
                Harvard Ceramics Holiday Sale - 10:00AM-7:00PM
                224 Western Ave., Allston (New Location)
                http://ofa.fas.harvard.edu/ceramics/show.php

                Dec.12-16, 19-22, 24 & 31:
                The Slutcracker
                Somerville Theatre, 55 Davis Sq., Somerville
                http://www.theslutcracker.com/schedule.html

                Dec. 6-13:
                Le Joli Mai
                Kendall Sq. Cinema
                http://www.landmarktheatres.com/market/Boston/KendallSquareCinema.htm
                http://www.icarusfilms.com/new2013/mai.html

                Dec. 13-20:
                The Last Days on Mars
                Kendall Sq. Cinema
                http://www.landmarktheatres.com/market/Boston/KendallSquareCinema.htm
                http://www.magnetreleasing.com/thelastdaysonmars/

                Dec. 13-15:
                Harvard Sq. Holiday Shopping Weekend
                http://www.harvardsquare.com/Home/News/Epic-Harvard-Square-Holiday-Weekend-Extravaganza--.aspx

                Dec. 14-15:
                Harvard University – CGIS
                1730 Cambridge St., Cambridge
                http://bazaar.culturalsurvival.org/about-bazaars

                Dec. 14-15:
                SoWa Holiday Market  -  Noon-6:00PM
                Benjamin Franklin Institute, 41 Berkeley St., Boston
                http://www.sowaholidaymarket.com/

                Dec. 9-19:
                The Complete Coen Brothers Repertory Series
                Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
                http://brattlefilm.org/category/calendar-2/repertory-series/the-complete-coens/

                Dec. 20-22:
                Cultural Survival Bazaar
                The Shops at Prudential Center
                Belvidere Arcade, 800 Boylston St., Boston
                http://bazaar.culturalsurvival.org/about-bazaars

                Tue. Dec. 10:
                MIT Glass Lab Holiday Sale - 10:00AM-5:00PM
                Lobby 10, MIT
                http://glasslab.scripts.mit.edu/holiday-and-mothers-day-sales/

                Wed. Dec. 11:
                Harvard Ceramics Holiday Sale Opening - 3-8:00PM
                224 Western Ave., Allston (New Location)
                http://ofa.fas.harvard.edu/ceramics/show.php

                Mass Innovation Night - 6:00PM
                http://massinnovationnights.com

                Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol  -  7:30PM
                Cyclorama, Boston Center for the Arts, 539 Tremont St., Boston
                http://calendar.boston.com/boston_ma/events/show/367464363-charles-dickens-a-christmas-carol

                Thur. Dec. 12:
                Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol  -  7:30PM
                Cyclorama, Boston Center for the Arts, 539 Tremont St., Boston
                http://calendar.boston.com/boston_ma/events/show/367464363-charles-dickens-a-christmas-carol

                Fundamentals of and Developments in Small Unmanned Aerial System Technologies  -  4:00PM
                MIT room 33-116

                Fri. Dec. 13:
                4th Future of Robotics Summit
                Microsoft NERD, 1 Memorial Dr., Cambridge
                http://1213roboticssummit.eventbrite.com/

                Double Down: The 2012 Election - 7:00PM
                First Parish Church, 1446 Mass. Ave., Cambridge
                http://tinyurl.com/myu8ccv

                Gabriella's House Burned Down Fundraiser
                http://welovegabriella.com/

                Somerville Museum's Winter Holiday Extravaganza  -  7-9:00PM
                1 Westwood Rd., Somerville
                http://somervillemuseum.org/

                Sat. Dec. 14:
                Somerville Illuminations Tour
                http://www.somervilleartscouncil.org/illuminationstour/tickets

                Holiday Glass Sale - 11:00AM-4:00PM
                Almost Perfect Glass, 147 Sherman St., Cambridge
                http://almostperfectglass.com

                Hilltop Steakhouse Equipment  furnishings Auction
                http://www.mcinnisauctions.com/antique-auctions/auction.php?auctionid=297

                Holiday Artist Market  -  Noon-4:00PM
                The Burren, Davis Sq., Somerville
                http://www.burren.com/SLAM.html

                2nd Saturdays: Joy St. Artists Open Studios - Noon-6:00PM
                86 Joy St., Somerville
                http://www.joystreetartists.org

                Open Sound: Experimental Music - 8:00PM
                33 Union Sq., Somerville
                http://www.opensound.org

                Sun. Dec. 15:
                Boston Artist & Burner Bazaar  -  1-6:00PM
                369 Congress St, 7th Floor, Boston
                https://www.facebook.com/events/217398691772871/

                Holiday Glass Sale - 11:00AM-4:00PM
                Almost Perfect Glass, 147 Sherman St., Cambridge
                http://almostperfectglass.com

                Davis Sq. Flea Presents: Holiday Vintage Market  -  11:00AM-6:00PM
                Arts at the Armory, 191 Highland Ave., Somerville
                http://www.thedavisflea.com/Home.html

                A John Waters Christmas - 8:00PM
                Berklee Performance Center, 136 Mass Ave., Boston
                http://www.berklee.edu/events/john-waters-christmas

                Tue. Dec. 17:
                Open Sound - 8:00PM
                33 Union Sq., Somerville
                http://www.opensound.org

                Wed. Dec. 18:
                The Breeders - 8:00PM
                Paradise Rock Club. 967 Comm Ave., Boston
                http://crossroadspresents.com/paradise-rock-club/

                Fri. Dec. 20:
                Boston Circus Guild Presents: Speakeasy Circus
                Club Oberon, 2 Arrow St., Harvard Sq., Cambridge
                http://americanrepertorytheater.org/events/show/speakeasy-circus
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 29 9:13 AM
                  First off, tonight is, I believe, Ranger Pretzel's birthday. I expect to see him at the CBC, so be sure to wish him  Happy Happy.

                  Second, Mr. Brian DeRosa leave on the morrow's Am for to move to the left coast. I do believe that he will also be at the CBC this evening, so come on down and wish him good bon fortune & bon voyage.

                  Man-Oh-Man, so many good things coming up to do! I loves me this Spring and the release of dormancy with its attendant restlessness and desire for activity. This weekend, our favorite watering hole, the Cambridge Brewing Company, celebrates its 25th year in business providing a great place to meet  for the most diverse crowd of characters I have ever come across, and that was BEFORE the Burners started going there. 25 of their beers on tap from 2:30PM 'til 1:00AM. There are sure to be some amazing draughts pulled up from the barrel cellar for this event!

                  Our amazing friend Ben Guraldi's epic production, the 48-Hour film Festival is filming this week, so if you see KEE-RAZED people with video cameras running all about and amuck in the city, now you have a clue. They will be screening the results next week at the Kendall Sq. Cinema, so go and check it out, always a good time, but get your tix now, because it ALWAYS sells out.

                  Somerville Open Studios! Go forth and witness one of the most dense collections of artists and artisans on the planet and go see where and how they work. Lots of amazing stuff to see, and perhaps even take home and add to the fixings and shininess of your nest. One of the things that I like about it, beyond the art and the artists themselves, is the chance to see the great diversity of studio spaces and how differently people set themselves up to have the right creative environment for themselves.

                  Our favorite local brass marching band, ENSMB, is heading to the west cost for to give them a dose of their particular brand of awesome. Find out more and help them out if you be so inclined right bout here:
                  Emp. Norton's Stationary Marching Band: Caravan Tour to HONK! Fest West

                  OK, OK, enough already, if you be so inclined, come on out and join us at the Cambridge Brewing Co. for a pint and some pleasant conversation. 7:30PM 'til late.

                  http://www.cambrew.com

                  Cheers,

                  Tue. April 29:
                  Show & tell @ Artisan's Asylum  -  6:30PM

                  Boston APP Labs Pecha Kucha  -  6-8:00PM
                  Boston Society of Architects, 290 Congress St, Suite 200, Boston
                  Inside the Studio with Boston Sculptors

                  Wed. April 30:
                  More that Pipes: Enriching Public Spaces  -  6:30PM
                  Home | Boston Society of Architects, 290 Congress St, Suite 200, Boston
                  Upcoming Sessions | BostonAPP/Lab

                  Thur. May 1:
                  Free Admission to the ICA - 5-9:00PM
                  ICA | The Institute of Contemporary Art/Boston | Welcome

                  Maria Tatar: Children's Fairy Tales  -  6-7:00PM
                  Rabb Lecture Hall, Boston Public Library, Copley Sq.
                  BPL - Calendar of Events

                  First Thursdays in JP - Evenings
                  Centre St., JP
                  First Thursday Art Walk | JP Centre/South Main Streets

                  NE Model Engineering Society Meeting - 7:00PM
                  Charles River Museum of Industry
                  NEMES Home Page

                  Vampyr Party
                  Harbor Arts
                  http://artweekboston.org/events/bite-vampyr-party/

                  Beyond the Pattern: Wearable Art Fashion Show - 7:00PM
                  Arts at the Armory, Highland Ave, Somerville

                  Fri. May 2:
                  SOWA First Fridays - 5-9:00PM
                  http://www.sowaartistsguild.com/calendar.html

                  Somerville Open Studios
                  Somerville Open Studios

                  MFA First Fridays - 5:30-9:30PM
                  MFA First Fridays | Museum of Fine Arts, Boston

                  48-Hour Film Fest Filming
                  The 48 Hour Film Project: Boston

                  Sat. May 3:
                  Somerville Open Studios
                  Somerville Open Studios

                  48-Hour Film Fest Filming
                  The 48 Hour Film Project: Boston

                  Tours of South Station - 1:00PM
                  South Station Tours

                  Cambridge Brewing Co. 25th Anniversary!!!  -  2:30PM-1:00AM

                  Sun. May 4:
                  Somerville Open Studios
                  Somerville Open Studios

                  48-Hour Film Fest Filming
                  The 48 Hour Film Project: Boston

                  The 31st Annual Harvard Sq. MayFair  -  Noon-6:00PM
                  Harvard Sq., Cambridge
                  The 31st Annual MayFair in Harvard Square

                  Tue. May 6:
                  48-Hour Film Fest Screening  -  7 & 9:30PM
                  Kendall Square Cinema, One Kendall Square, Cambridge
                  http://www.48hourfilm.com/en/boston/

                  15th Annual Evening of Traditional Craft  -  6-8:00PM
                  Two International Place, Boston
                  North Bennet Street School: Friends/Donors » 15th Annual Evening

                  Wed. May 7:
                  48-Hour Film Fest Screening  -  7 & 9:30PM
                  Kendall Square Cinema, One Kendall Square, Cambridge
                  http://www.48hourfilm.com/en/boston/

                  Sat. May 10:
                  ENSMB ReMix Release Party  -  6:00PM-Midnight

                  Mon. May. 12:
                  48-Hour Film Fest Screening  -  7 & 9:30PM
                  Kendall Square Cinema, One Kendall Square, Cambridge
                  http://www.48hourfilm.com/en/boston/

                • Pete Z
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 1, 2014
                    Here's a wee bit more information on the CBC's 25th Anniversary event.
                    (for those that can read my accursed yahoo e-mails)

                    Would be nice to show them a bit of Burner love for all they've done for us over the years.
                    Plus, hey, awesome beers!

                  • Doug Ruuska
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 7, 2014
                      Say, get up just before dawn tomorrow, or stay up that late, and you will ha v the chance to witness a rare selenelion lunar eclipse. Describd here:

                      http://www.newsledge.com/rarest-lunar-eclipse-wednesdays-eclipse-known-selenelion-10036

                      Plenty of stuff to do and festivals to go to here as we enjoy the last gasps of warmth during our mutual descent into Autumn and the imminence of the depths of Winter. What better way to stay warm than to come on out and have a pint or two of the good stuff with us while discussing some strange flight of fancy that you have winging around in your old, cranial vortex?

                      7:30PM 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

                      EVENTSES:

                      Tue. Oct. 7:

                      Wed. Oct. 8:
                      Mass Innovation Night - 6:00PM
                      http://massinnovationnights.com

                      Thur. Oct. 9:
                      Free Admission to the ICA - 5-9:00PM
                      http://www.icaboston.org/

                      Pre-HONK!  -  7:00PM-midnite

                      Fri. Oct. 10:
                      Opening Reception for CAA Member's Prize Show - 6-8:00PM
                      University Place Gallery, 124 Mount Auburn St., Cambridge

                      HONK! Day of Action  -  3-4:30PM
                      Downtown Crossing, Boston
                      http://honkfest.org/2014-festival/schedule-2014/

                      Sat. Oct. 11:
                      Rhode Island Maker Fair  -  11:00AM-6:00PM
                      HONK!  -12:30-9:00PM

                      2nd Saturdays: Joy St. Artists Open Studios - Noon-6:00PM
                      86 Joy St., Somerville
                      http://www.joystreetartists.org

                      Boston Zine Fest
                      Washington St. Arts Center, Washington St., Somerville
                      https://www.facebook.com/bostonzinefest

                      2014 North American Same-Sex Ballroom Dance Championship - 1:00PM
                      Hynes Convention Center
                      http://www.BostonOpenDance

                      Sun. Oct. 12:
                      HONK! Parade  -12:00-2:00PM
                      Davis Sq., to Harvard Sq.
                      http://honkfest.org/2014-festival/schedule-2014/

                      HONK! & Oktoberfest  12:00-6:00PM
                      Wed. Oct. 15:
                      The Medieval Origins of the Cupola of Florence Cathedral - 5:15PM
                      MIT 14E-304
                      http://lit.mit.edu/ven

                    • Doug Ruuska
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 11, 2014
                        Holidays Approaching rapidly. Tons of stuff to do and see and think about. Hope that things are as well as they can be in your world. Here is the beginning of the onslaught of quality Holiday art and craft sales

                        Good times were had at Boston's Decom. Congrats to the organizers, the volunteers , the artists and all you fine folks who came out and rocked the party. Nice to see so many unfamiliar faces as well.

                        and some philosophy behind some of the changes here:
                        http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~mjr/underground/Breaking_the_rules.pdf

                        Anyways, come on down all us how YOU would redesign the T, or just its map over a pint or two of the good stuff. 7:30PM 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

                        EVENTSES:

                        Tue. Nov. 11:
                        Veteran's Day

                        Wed. Nov. 12:
                        Rosetta Mission: Philae to Land on Chury
                        Lander Separation 4:03AM EST
                        Lander Touchdown 11:02AM EST
                        http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Space_Science/Rosetta

                        Artists Under the Dome 2014 - 10:00AM-2:00PM
                        Massachusetts State House
                        http://www.artistsunderthedome.org/annualevent.html

                        MAKER Film Screening  -  5-7:00PM
                        Harvard Graduate School of Education
                        Askwith Hall, 13 Appian Way, Cambridge

                        Mass Innovation Night - 6:00PM
                        http://massinnovationnights.com

                        Opening Reception: Yardbirds Show  -  7-9:00PM
                        Artisans Asylum, 12 Tyler St., Somerville
                        http://readyroomgallery.com/

                        Thur. Nov. 13:
                        Free Admission to the ICA - 5-9:00PM
                        http://www.icaboston.org/

                        NERAX North  -  6-10:00PM
                        Barking Dog Ale House, 77 Washington St., Haverhill

                        Colliding Worlds:
                        How Cutting-Edge Science Is Redefining Contemporary Art  -  7:30PM
                        Harvard Book Store, 1256 Mass Ave., Cambridge
                        http://www.harvard.com/event/arthur_i._miller/

                        Fri. Nov. 14:
                        North Bennett St. School Open House  -  10:00AM-2:00PM
                        150 North St, Boston
                        http://www.nbss.edu

                        NERAX North - 6-10:00PM
                        Barking Dog Ale House, 77 Washington St., Haverhill

                        Sat. Nov. 15:
                        North Bennett St. School Open House  -  10:00AM-2:00PM
                        150 North St, Boston
                        http://www.nbss.edu

                        Craft Beer Cellar's Valley Malt Tasting
                        Craft Beer Cellar, 51 Leonard St., Belmont
                        https://craftbeercellar.com/belmont/

                        NERAX North - 6-10:00PM
                        Barking Dog Ale House, 77 Washington St., Haverhill

                        Fenway Artists Open Studios - 11:00AM-5:00PM
                        30 Ipswich St., Boston
                        http://fenwaystudios.org/openstudios.php

                        Boston Book Print and Ephemera Show  -  8:00AM-4:00PM
                        Back Bay Events Center, 180 Berkeley St. Boston
                        http://www.bostonbookshow.com/

                        Brookline Marketplace Craft Fair  -  10:00AM-4:00PM
                        The Park School, 171 Goddard Ave., Brookline
                        http://www.parkschool.org/page/Brookline-Market-Craft-Fair

                        Sun. Nov. 16:
                        NERAX North - 6-10:00PM
                        Barking Dog Ale House, 77 Washington St., Haverhill

                        Harvard Art Museum's Grand Re-Opening

                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 16, 2014
                          Christmas, Chanukah & New Year's are almost upon us: time for the panic and procrastination to rev up!

                          Go to NYC & see "Then She Fell" you will not regret it.

                          Come on down and trade places for Holiday shoppingb and the dread of Holiday relatives with us at the Cambridge Brewingh Co.

                          7:30PM 'til late at the bar.

                          EVENTSES
                          Thur. Dec. 18:
                          Free Admission to the ICA - 5-9:00PM
                          http://www.icaboston.org/

                          Bill Nye the Science Guy
                          The Wilbur Theatre
                          http://www.thewilbur.com

                          Fri. Dec. 19:
                          Cultural Survival Bazaar  -  10:00AM-10:00PM
                          Belvidere Arcade, Prudential Center Shops, Boston
                          http://bazaar.culturalsurvival.org/#intro

                          Sat. Dec. 20:
                          Somerville Winter Farmer's Market  -  9:30AM-2:00PM
                          Arts at the Armory, 191 Highland Ave., Somerville
                          http://artsatthearmory.org/events/somerville-winter-farmers-market-2014-12-06/

                          Cultural Survival Bazaar  -  10:00AM-10:00PM
                          Belvidere Arcade, Prudential Center Shops, Boston
                          http://bazaar.culturalsurvival.org/#intro

                          Sun. Dec. 21:
                          The Somerville Flea  -  10:00Am-4:00PM
                          Arts at the Armory, 191 Highland Ave., Somerville
                          http://artsatthearmory.org/events/the-somerville-flea/

                          Pop Up Solstice Circus
                          TT the Bear's Place
                          http://www.boston.com/entertainment/events/2014/12/07/pop-solstice-circus-where-anything-goes-and-the-venue-doesn-matter