M&G Tonight + Eventses

    Message 1 of 61 , Feb 12, 2013
      Now THAT was a taste of Old Man Winter! Boy Howdy was that some fun. Half of which  was watching the panic of people clearing off the shelves at the Market Basket and the heroic efforts of the store personnel attempting to restock in the midst of the human blizzard in the aisles. The other half was watching out the windows as cars disappeared, then going out and running around in it. Impressive clean-up job on the part of the city I might add. Finally turned all that back flab back into shoveling muscle. Now it is 46-degrees, in February, aaah New England.

      All sorts of good stuff coming up, great Winter movies. I, for one, have never seen 'The Shining', so intend to go on Saturday the 23rd at 2:20PM. Want to join me and make a posse?

      Also, the Bugs Bunny Film Festival this week at the Brattle is sure to be an antidote for the Winter Blues.

      Finally, the Banff Mt. Film Festival is an always amazing collection of outdoor sport films that is sold-out every year. I am going to try for Wed. the 20th.

      Join us for a pint or two and tell us all your tales of snowy DOOM.

      7:30PM'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

      http://www.cambrew.com

      Ongoing:

      Feb.1-24:
      The Films of Stanley Kubrick  -  Various Times
      BostonMuseum of Fine Arts
      http://tinyurl.com/apa98nm

      Feb. 8-19:
      38th Boston Sci-Fi Film Festival
      Somerville Theatre, Davis Sq.
      http://bostonsci-fi.com/node/403

      Feb. 15-21:
      Bugs Bunny Film Festival
      Brattle Theatre
      http://tinyurl.com/bysa65u

      EverySaturday through April 13:
      Somerville Winter Farmers' Market  -  9:30AM-2:00PM
      Somerville Armory, Highland St.
      http://somervillebeat.com/food/2650/winter-farmers-market-brings-healthy-food-to-community/

      CambridgeWinter Farmer's Market  -  10:00AM-2:00PM
      Cambridge Community Center, 5 Callendar St.
      http://www.cambridgewinterfarmersmarket.com/index.html

      Tue. Feb. 12:
      Lincoln'sBirthday
      If you have not seen the movie 'Lincoln', you really should.

      Edward Burtynsky's Vermont Quarry Photographs  -  4:30PM
      MahaneyCenter for the Arts, Middlebury, VT
      http://www.middlebury.edu/arts

      Casablanca - various Times
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
      http://www.brattlefilm.org

      Alone on the Ice: the Story of Douglas Mawson - 7:00PM
      Harvard Book Store, 1256 Mass Ave., Harvard Sq.
      http://www.harvard.com/event/david_roberts/

      FiG's Big Blizzard Beats  -  10:00PM
      WonderBar, 186 Harvard Ave., Allston
      http://www.facebook.com/events/494515957257572/?notif_t=plan_user_joined

      Wed. Feb. 13:
      Burning Man Tix on Sale Noon PST

      MassInnovation Night  -  6:00PM
      http://massinnovationnights.com

      Casablanca - various Times
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
      http://www.brattlefilm.org

      Thur.Feb. 14:
      Valentine's Day

      Casablanca - various Times
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
      http://www.brattlefilm.org

      South Asia Institute: Stir, Fry Simmer  -  4-5:30PM
      CGIS South S050, 1730 Cambridge St., Cambridge
      http://southasiainstitute.harvard.edu/event/sai-film-event/

      A Nibble Book Celebration  -  7-8:00PM
      Porter Square Books, Porter Square Shopping Ctr
      http://tinyurl.com/a7gcl8y

      Fri. Feb. 15:
      Opening Reception: Contemporary Folk  -  6-8:00PM
      Society of Arts & Crafts, 2nd Floor, 175 Newbury St, Boston
      http://tinyurl.com/b8csecm

      A Nibble Book Celebration  -  7-8:00PM
      Porter Square Books, Porter Square Shopping Ctr
      http://tinyurl.com/a7gcl8y

      The Films of Stanley Kubrick  -  7:00PM
      2001: A Space Odyssey
      Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
      http://tinyurl.com/apa98nm

      Sat. Feb. 16:
      New England Model Engineering Society's Winter Show  -  10:00AM-4:00PM
      Charles River Museum of Industry & Innovation
      http://www.neme-s.org/

      The Films of Stanley Kubrik - Dr. Strangelove  - 12:30PM
      Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
      http://tinyurl.com/apa98nm

      Poe's Fall of the House of Usher w/musical accompaniment  -  7:30PM
      3rd Life Studios, 33 Union Sq., Somerville
      http://www.thirdlifestudio.com/directions.html

      Sun. Feb. 17:
      Copy Cat Festival  -  4-7:00PM
      Somerville Armory, Highland Ave.
      www.somervilleartscouncil.org

      Tue. Feb. 19:
      Banff Mt. Film Festival  -  7:00PM Doors
      SomervilleTheatre, Davis Sq.
      http://www.hermitlake.com/

      Yani Batteau and The Styles  -  8:30PM
      Johnny D's, 17 Holland St., Davis Sq.
      http://www.johnnyds.com/
      https://www.facebook.com/yanibatteauandthestyles

      Wed. Feb. 20:
      Banff Mt. Film Festival  -  7:00PM Doors
      Somerville Theatre, Davis Sq.
      http://www.hermitlake.com/

      Frigid Phrases  -  4-7:00PM
      Wharf District Greenway Parks, Near Aquarium T-Stop
      http://kategilbertstudio.com/frigid-phrases/

      Thur.Feb. 21:
      Banff Mt. Film Festival  -  7:00PM Doors
      SomervilleTheatre, Davis Sq.
      http://www.hermitlake.com/

      Opening: 2013 RISD Faculty Biennial  -  5-9:00PM
      Chace Center Galleries, RISD, Providence
      http://www.risdmuseum.org

      Gas Giant Mysteries  -  7:00PM
      Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, 60 Garden St., Cambridge
      http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/events/mon.html

      Fri.Feb. 22:
      Douglas Mawson: Antarctic Explorer
      NE Explorer's Club
      Double Tree Guest Suites

      The Films of Stanley Kubrick - 7:30PM
      The Shining
      Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
      http://tinyurl.com/apa98nm

      Sat. Feb. 23:
      The Films of Stanley Kubrick - 2:20PM
      The Shining
      Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
      http://tinyurl.com/apa98nm

      Sun. Feb. 24:
      Myth of the Ethical Consumer  -  10:30AM
      Ethical Society of Boston, 395 Concord Ave., Belmont
      http://www.bostonethical.org

      Wed. Feb. 27:
      Experimental Observation Night  -  6-8:00PM
      Photographic Resource Center 832 Comm. Ave, Boston
      http://www.bu.edu/prc/nightsprc.htm

      Thur. Feb. 28:
      Alone on the Ice: The Greatest Survival Story in the History of Exploration  -  6:00PM
      Commonwealth Room, Boston Public Library, Copley Sq.
      http://www.bpl.org/news/author_series.htm

      Fri. Mar. 1:
      SOWA First Fridays  -  5-9:00PM
      http://www.sowaartistsguild.com/calendar.html

      MFA First Fridays  -  5:30-9:30PM
      http://www.mfa.org/programs/special-event/mfa-first-fridays

      Sat. Mar. 2:
      Tours of South Station  -  1:00PM
      http://www.south-station.net/events/south-station-tours

      Janeane Garofalo
      The Wilbur Theatre
      http://www.thewilbur.com
      Message 61 of 61 , Jun 25 6:04 AM
        I know that there is a lot of stuff going on this week, however, my limited capacity for paying attention has me devoted to trying to get shit done, so here, for your pleasure, is a paucity of Summer eventses.

        Come on down and tell us how your last-minute projects are progressing along on their lonesome while you talk with us about time limitations over a pint or many of the good stuff.

        7:30 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

        http://www.cambrew.com

        Ongoing Events:

        INDIVIDUAL EVENTS:

        Wed. June 26
        Urban Landscape Night - 6-8:00PM
        Photographic resource Center, 832 Comm. Ave., Boston
        http://www.bu.edu/prc/nightsprc.htm

        Thur. June 27:
        Making it Happen: Who Needs to Know What?
        BSA Space, 290 Congress St., Boston
        http://www.bsaspace.org/about

        Fri. June 28:
        Holy Shit: A Brief History of Swearing - 7:00PM
        Harvard Bookstore, 1256 Mass. Ave., Harvard Sq.
        http://www.harvard.com/event/melissa_mohr/

        Cambridge Outdoor City Dance Party - 7-11:00PM
        Cambridge City Hall
        http://www.cambridgema.gov/citynewsandpublications/news/2013/05/citydancepartyjune28.aspx

        Sat. June 29:
        Opening Reception: Occupying the Present - 3-8:00PM
        Harbor Arts, 26 Marginal Way, E. Boston
        http://www.harborarts.org/summer-exhibition-occupying-the-present

        Sun. June 30:
        Davis Sq. Flea Market - 10:00AM-4:00PM
        Crnr Buena Vista Rd. & Holland St.
        http://www.thedavisflea.com/Home.html

        Cupcake Camp Boston: Winter Farmer's Market Fundraiser - 11:00AM - 4:00PM
        Hodgkins-Curtin Park, Davis Sq.
        http://www.cupcakecampboston.com

        Meatball Take-Down - 2-4:00PM
        Arts at the Armory, 191 Highland Ave., Somerville
        http://www.artsatthearmory.org

        Revenge of the Robot Battle Nuns - 8:00PM
        Oberon, 2 Arrow St., Harvard Sq.
        http://tinyurl.com/lxpurst