Ballot on Election Day, Tue Nov 6th from 7am to 8pm

  • Q
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012
      Hello Burners, it’s almost Election Day [Tuesday November 6th from 7am to 8pm] here in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

      Guess what? Whether you like it or not, voting touches on at least three of our eleven principles: Civic Responsibility, Communal Effort, and Participation—and probably more.

      Ya don’t gotta if ya don’t wanna, and no, I’m not going to tell anyone how I think they should votethis is a community civics email, not a political one. This is just to let you know what’s coming down the Pike on Tuesday Nov 6th.

      Here’s a super-useful site that will not only tell you where you are supposed to go vote (your polling place) it will show you exactly what is on your particular ballot:

      http://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/

      In addition to lots of government officials, this year there are three statewide referenda, and several non-binding referenda in certain localities. While the website above will have most all the info you need, I shall include the ballot question information for each in three separate threads to follow.

      And for anyone who has snarky doubts about the appropriateness of these threads, please understand that rather than discussing politics, these threads are intended to discuss actual direct policy-making—by us! How cool is that? Politics can go suck an egg. Policy is where it’s at—especially policy that touches on Participation, Communal Effort, and Civic Responsibility.

      All The Best,

      -Q