M&G Tonight + Eventses

    Message 1 of 61 , Mar 6, 2012
      Anyone get to TEDx Somerville, or the Collision 17 Opening last weekend?

      Here is something that is definitely NSFW, but if you like bikes, broads and trucks, etc. then this is for you:
      http://undergroundvelo.tumblr.com/

      Flash Cash mobs: Looks like our first descent will be upon FX Masse's Hardware, 249 Walden St., Cambridge anytime this Sat. the 10th of March. Now that Spring is even closer to us, time to start thinking about that garden of yours.

      I am sure that we can probably come up with one worthy business a month to frequent and support. Keep those calls and letters coming in. Another place that I learned recently is packing it in, besides the soon to be lamented Stereo Jacks, is Diskovery. Perhaps you remember the ramshackle piles threatening to book-alanche onto you as you searched for buried treasure, or the amazing collection of vinyl, and even cassette tapes that the proprietress Yolanda had on Brighton Ave in Allston. Well, a  number of years ago she was forced to move to the backwater of Oak Sq. in Brighton by outrageous rent increases. No hard-scrabble used book/record store can afford a monthly rent of over $5K. Anyways, she is closing down around the end of March to travel, perhaps to open again in a year or two, but that would depend on finding cheap rent and high traffic. Not likely around Boston I am afraid. The days of this kind of establishment have fallen by the wayside and we shall be much the poorer for it. 569 Washington St. Go check it out whilst you still can.

      http://www.librarything.com/venue/16663/Diskovery

      Don't forget that the FIGMENT Boston call for Art is  now active:
      http://boston.figmentproject.org/get-involved/submit-a-project/

      SO much cool stuph! Anywho, come on down and have a pint with us at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

      http://www.cambrew.com

      7:30PM 'til late, ask Chris the bartender if you are new and can't seem to figure out who we are.

      Every Thursday:
      Prudential Center Farmer's Market  -  11:00AM-6:00PM
      Belvidere Arcade, Prudential Center, Boston
      http://www.prudentialcenter.com

      Every Sunday:
      SOWA Winter Farmer's Market  -  10:00AM-2:00PM
      485 Harrison Ave., Boston
      http://www.sowaopenmarket.com

      Tue. Mar. 6:
      Bicycle Dreams film Screening  -  7:00PM
      Regent Theatre, 7 Medford St., Alrlington
      http://regenttheatre.com/details/bicycle_dreams_film_screening
      www.bicycledreamsmovie.com

      Thur. Mar. 8:
      Mid-Day Organ Recital  -  12:15-12:45PM
      Adolphus Busch Hall @ 29 Kirkland Street, Cambridge
      http://www.harvardartmuseums.org/calendar/detail.dot?id=41716

      The Forgotten Founding Father: Noah Webster's Obsession and the Creation of an American Culture  -  7:00PM
      Harvard Bookstore, 1256 Mass. Ave., Harvard Sq.
      http://www.harvard.com/event/joshua_kendall/

      Fri. Mar. 9:
      MIT Museum Free Admission  -  5-8:00PM
      Celebrate 150-Years of MIT
      http://web.mit.edu/museum

      Berklee Silent Film Orchestra Performs Battleship Potemkin  -  6:00PM
      The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
      2700 F Street NW
      Washington DC
      http://www.berklee.edu/events/detail/12091/berklee-silent-film-orchestra-performs-battleshi

      Free OMNI Max Films
      Boston Museum of Science
      http://www.mos.org/events_activities/events&d=2966

      Sat. Mar. 10:
      The Bronze Age: Bronze as a Material from Antiquity to the Early 20th Century  -  2-3:00PM
      Arthur M. Sackler Museum @ 485 Broadway, Cambridge
      http://www.harvardartmuseums.org/calendar/detail.dot?id=42047

      Flash Cash Mob visit to FX Masse's Hardware
      249 Walden St., Cambridge
      Go on down and spend $10-20 on hings you actually can use

      Steve Reich: Bang on a Can  -  7:30PM
      Kresge Auditoreum, MIT
      http://arts.mit.edu/va/artist/bang-on-a-can

      Screening of 'American Meat'  -  2:30PM
      Boston Museum of Science
      http://www.mos.org/events_activities/events&d=5330

      Sun. Mar. 11:
      Daylight Savings Starts

      Mon. Mar. 12:
      Middle Eastern Music Festival  -  8:15PM
      Berklee Performance Center, 136 Mass. Ave., Boston
      http://www.berklee.edu/events/page/3
      https://www.vendini.com/ticket-software.html?e=2aa4f3ef9027f5ea00bb1fefa75f406b&t=tix

      Wed. Mar. 14:
      Multiple Perspectives on Islamic Metalwork  -  3:30-4:30PM
      Arthur M. Sackler Museum, 485 Broadway, Cambridge
      http://www.harvardartmuseums.org/calendar/detail.dot?id=42056

      Mass Innovation Night  -  6:00PM
      http://massinnovationnights.com

      High Line: The inside Story of NYC's Park in the Sky  -  7:00PM
      Museum of Fine Arts
      http://www.mfa.org/programs/lecture/high-line-inside-story-new-york-citys-park-sky

      Fri. Mar. 16:
      AD20/21: Art & Design of the 20th & 21st Centuries
      BCA Cyclorama, 539 Tremont St.
      http://tinyurl.com/76e4rcs

      Free OMNI Max Films
      Boston Museum of Science
      http://www.mos.org/events_activities/events&d=2966

      Sat. Mar. 17:
      St Patrick's Day

      Screening of  'The Room'  -  11:59PM
      Coolidge Corner Theatre
      http://www.coolidge.org/content/room

      Northeast GNU/Linuxfest  -  10:00AM-6:00PM
      http://northeastlinuxfest.org/

      AD20/21: Art & Design of the 20th & 21st Centuries
      BCA Cyclorama, 539 Tremont St.
      http://tinyurl.com/76e4rcs

      Sun. Mar. 18:
      AD20/21: Art & Design of the 20th & 21st Centuries
      BCA Cyclorama, 539 Tremont St.
      http://tinyurl.com/76e4rcs

      Guest Speaker | Aluminum in Modern Architecture and The Alcoa Care-free House in Lincoln, Massachusetts  -  2:00PM
      BCA Cyclorama, 539 Tremont St., Boston
      http://tinyurl.com/76e4rcs

      Wed. Mar. 21:
      Tao: Taiko Drumming  -  7:30PM
      Berklee Performance Center

      Thur. Mar. 22:
      Mid-Day Organ Recital  -  12:15-12:45PM
      Adolphus Busch Hall @ 29 Kirkland Street, Cambridge
      http://www.harvardartmuseums.org/calendar/detail.dot?id=41719

      Fri. Mar. 23:
      Craft Boston  -  10:00AM-5:00PM
      Seaport World Trade Center
      200 Seaport Blvd., Boston
      http://societyofcrafts.org/cbspring/springinfo.asp

      Free OMNI Max Films
      Boston Museum of Science
      http://www.mos.org/events_activities/events&d=2966

      Sat. Mar. 24:
      Old Home & Barn Expo
      Radisson Hotel, 700 Elm St., Manchester, NH
      http://tinyurl.com/879nm6n

      Craft Boston  -  10:00AM-5:00PM
      Seaport World Trade Center
      200 Seaport Blvd., Boston
      http://societyofcrafts.org/cbspring/springinfo.asp

      Reception for Don Gurewitz Bhutan Photos @ Rendezvous  -  1-3:00PM
      http://www.rendezvouscentralsquare.com
      http://www.dongurewitzphotography.com

      Everything Is Terrible! presents DoggieWoggiez! PoochieWoochiez!
      Coolidge Corner cinema, Brookline
      http://www.coolidge.org/content/everything-terrible-presents-doggiewoggiez-poochiewoochiez

      Sun. Mar. 25:

      Message 61 of 61 , Jun 25, 2013
        I know that there is a lot of stuff going on this week, however, my limited capacity for paying attention has me devoted to trying to get shit done, so here, for your pleasure, is a paucity of Summer eventses.

        Come on down and tell us how your last-minute projects are progressing along on their lonesome while you talk with us about time limitations over a pint or many of the good stuff.

        7:30 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

        http://www.cambrew.com

        Ongoing Events:

        INDIVIDUAL EVENTS:

        Wed. June 26
        Urban Landscape Night - 6-8:00PM
        Photographic resource Center, 832 Comm. Ave., Boston
        http://www.bu.edu/prc/nightsprc.htm

        Thur. June 27:
        Making it Happen: Who Needs to Know What?
        BSA Space, 290 Congress St., Boston
        http://www.bsaspace.org/about

        Fri. June 28:
        Holy Shit: A Brief History of Swearing - 7:00PM
        Harvard Bookstore, 1256 Mass. Ave., Harvard Sq.
        http://www.harvard.com/event/melissa_mohr/

        Cambridge Outdoor City Dance Party - 7-11:00PM
        Cambridge City Hall
        http://www.cambridgema.gov/citynewsandpublications/news/2013/05/citydancepartyjune28.aspx

        Sat. June 29:
        Opening Reception: Occupying the Present - 3-8:00PM
        Harbor Arts, 26 Marginal Way, E. Boston
        http://www.harborarts.org/summer-exhibition-occupying-the-present

        Sun. June 30:
        Davis Sq. Flea Market - 10:00AM-4:00PM
        Crnr Buena Vista Rd. & Holland St.
        http://www.thedavisflea.com/Home.html

        Cupcake Camp Boston: Winter Farmer's Market Fundraiser - 11:00AM - 4:00PM
        Hodgkins-Curtin Park, Davis Sq.
        http://www.cupcakecampboston.com

        Meatball Take-Down - 2-4:00PM
        Arts at the Armory, 191 Highland Ave., Somerville
        http://www.artsatthearmory.org

        Revenge of the Robot Battle Nuns - 8:00PM
        Oberon, 2 Arrow St., Harvard Sq.
        http://tinyurl.com/lxpurst