M&G Tonight + Eventses

    Message 1 of 61 , Feb 7, 2012
      So, it seems that Punxsatawney Phil did indeed see his shadow last week, thereby guaranteeing us with 6-more weeks of Winter. Sheeee-it, we'll be lucky to get 6-weeks of Winter total this year the way things are going...

      Firefly Tin Grant App deadline is Feb. 12, let's see what you got.

      Go on down on Thursday and support FIGMENT Boston's foray into year-round art at their Winter Lights opening. Or go tonight to the Greenway Conservancy's Public Art Strategy Kick-Off meeting tonight at 5:30PM.

      Guess that I can't really get away without saying something about this whole BMan ticket thing.

      Meet & Drink & Greet & Jaw with us tonight. 7:30PM 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

      http://www.cambrew.com

      Ongoing:

      Through Feb. 28:
      Photography: Processes & Dreams
      Panopticon Gallery, 502c Comm. Ave., Boston
      http://www.panopticongallery.com

      Feb. 10-20:
      Boston Sci-Fi Festival 37
      http://www.bostonsci-fi.com

      Fri. Feb. 17-22:
      Skunk Show @ Mobius
      Mobius, 55 Norfolk St., Cambridge
      http://www.mobius.org/events/skunkadelia-and-art-welding

      Tue. Feb. 7:
      Greenway Public Art Strategy Kickoff Meeting  -  5:30PM
      Atlantic Wharf, 2nd Floor Media Room
      290 Congress Street
      http://calendar.yahoo.com/#

      Wed. Feb. 8:
      Mass Innovation Night  -  6:00PM
      http://massinnovationnights.com

      Sacred Trash Found Under the Floorboards  -  8:00PM
      Museum of Fine Arts, Boston  -  $15
      http://www.mfa.org/programs/lecture/sacred-trash-found-under-floorboards

      Somerville Garden Club  -  7-9:00PM
      167 Holland St., @nd Floor, Somerville
      http://www.somervillegardenclub.org

      Thur. Feb. 9:
      Conservation of Two Etruscan Sarcophagi  -  1-2:00PM
      Boston Museum of Fine Arts

      Figment Boston Winter Lights Opening
      Then to the Good Life 6:30-8:30PM
      http://boston.figmentproject.org

      List Visual Art Center Opening Reception
      20 Ames St., Bldg. E15, MIT Cambridge
      http://listart.mit.edu/node/906
      http://listart.mit.edu/node/905

      Fri. Feb. 10:
      MIT Museum Free Admission  -  5-8:00PM
      Spacewar turns 50!
      http://web.mit.edu/museum/programs/calendar.html
      http://web.mit.edu/museum

      Glass at MIT: Beauty & Utility  -  2-4:00PM
      Maihaugen Gallery (14N-130), MIT
      http://libraries.mit.edu/sites/exhibits/maihaugen-gallery-2/

      Sun. Feb. 12:
      Steampunk Meetup  -  1-3:00PM
      Charles River Museum of Industry & Innovation, 154 Moody St., Waltham
      http://www.crmi.org/events-2/steampunk

      Kinect Boston User's Group Kickoff Meeting
      Microsoft NERD Center, 1 Memorial Dr., Cambridge
      http://www.meetup.com/kinectboston/events

      Yasmin Levy  -  7:00PM
      Berklee Performance Center
      http://www.berklee.edu/events

      Firefly Tin Grants Application Deadline  -  11:52PM
      http://www.fireflyartscollective.org/tiki-index.php?page=2012+Tin+Grant

      Wed. Feb. 15:
      Into the Silence: Mallory & Irvine  -  7:00PM
      Boston Museum of Science
      http://www.mos.org/events_activities/events&d=5335

      Thur. Feb. 16:
      George Clinton Meets Berklee  -  8:15PM
      Berklee Performance Center
      http://www.berklee.edu/events/page/2
      https://www.vendini.com/ticket-software.html?e=8aec30e0bde1769bcfa046d68a20231b&t=tix

      Sat. Feb. 18:
      Opening Reception for Skunkadelia & the Art of Welding  -  6-8:00PM
      Mobius, 55 Norfolk St., Cambridge
      http://www.mobius.org/events/skunkadelia-and-art-welding

      New England Model Engineering Show  -  10:00AM-4:00PM
      Charles River Museum of Industry & Innovation, 154 Moody St., Waltham
      www.crmi.org/events-2/new-england-model-engineering-show

      Sun. Feb. 19:
      Boston Youth Orchestra Junior Repertory Orchestra  -  3:00PM
      BU Tsai Auditoreum

      Mon. Feb. 22:
      Banff Mountain Film Festival  -  7:00PM
      Regent Theatre, 7 Medford St., Arlington
      http://regenttheatre.com/details/banff_mountain_film_festival_2012

      Tue. Feb. 21:

      Los Hermanos Arangos: Direct from Havana  -  8:15PM
      https://www.vendini.com/ticket-software.html?e=9a1f37b22511d67dc6a867b3e2a9458e&t=tix

      Banff Mountain Film Festival  -  7:00PM
      Regent Theatre, 7 Medford St., Arlington
      http://regenttheatre.com/details/banff_mountain_film_festival_2012

      Wed. Feb. 22:
      Banff Mountain Film Festival  -  7:00PM
      Regent Theatre, 7 Medford St., Arlington
      http://regenttheatre.com/details/banff_mountain_film_festival_2012

      Mon. Feb. 27:
      Harp Extra-vaganza IX  -  7:00PM
      Berk Recital Hall, Berklee College of Music
      http://www.berklee.edu/events/page/2

      Tue. Feb. 28:
      From Democratic Consensus to Cannibalistic Hordes: The Principles of Collective Behavior  -  6:00PM
      Geological Lecture Hall, 24 Oxford St., Harvard Sq.
      http://www.hmnh.harvard.edu/lectures_and_special_events
      Message 61 of 61 , Jun 25, 2013
        I know that there is a lot of stuff going on this week, however, my limited capacity for paying attention has me devoted to trying to get shit done, so here, for your pleasure, is a paucity of Summer eventses.

        Come on down and tell us how your last-minute projects are progressing along on their lonesome while you talk with us about time limitations over a pint or many of the good stuff.

        7:30 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

        http://www.cambrew.com

        Ongoing Events:

        INDIVIDUAL EVENTS:

        Wed. June 26
        Urban Landscape Night - 6-8:00PM
        Photographic resource Center, 832 Comm. Ave., Boston
        http://www.bu.edu/prc/nightsprc.htm

        Thur. June 27:
        Making it Happen: Who Needs to Know What?
        BSA Space, 290 Congress St., Boston
        http://www.bsaspace.org/about

        Fri. June 28:
        Holy Shit: A Brief History of Swearing - 7:00PM
        Harvard Bookstore, 1256 Mass. Ave., Harvard Sq.
        http://www.harvard.com/event/melissa_mohr/

        Cambridge Outdoor City Dance Party - 7-11:00PM
        Cambridge City Hall
        http://www.cambridgema.gov/citynewsandpublications/news/2013/05/citydancepartyjune28.aspx

        Sat. June 29:
        Opening Reception: Occupying the Present - 3-8:00PM
        Harbor Arts, 26 Marginal Way, E. Boston
        http://www.harborarts.org/summer-exhibition-occupying-the-present

        Sun. June 30:
        Davis Sq. Flea Market - 10:00AM-4:00PM
        Crnr Buena Vista Rd. & Holland St.
        http://www.thedavisflea.com/Home.html

        Cupcake Camp Boston: Winter Farmer's Market Fundraiser - 11:00AM - 4:00PM
        Hodgkins-Curtin Park, Davis Sq.
        http://www.cupcakecampboston.com

        Meatball Take-Down - 2-4:00PM
        Arts at the Armory, 191 Highland Ave., Somerville
        http://www.artsatthearmory.org

        Revenge of the Robot Battle Nuns - 8:00PM
        Oberon, 2 Arrow St., Harvard Sq.
        http://tinyurl.com/lxpurst