This Weekend

    Message 1 of 17 , May 1, 2010
      Saturday:

      I will be at the Steam Punk Festival TODAY w/the Galaxy and who knows what all else. 10:00AM-4:00PM @ the Charles River Museum of Industry:
      http://www.crmi.org/steampunk2010.pdf

      Spontaneous Celebrations Wake Up the Earth Festival
      http://www.spontaneouscelebrations.org

      Somerville Open Studios
      http://www.somervilleopenstudios.org

      Sunday:

      Harvard Sq. MayFair Noon - 6:00PM
      http://www.harvardsquare.com/Home/Articles/27th-Annual-MayFair-in-Harvard-Square.aspx

      Somerville Open Studios
      http://www.somervilleopenstudios.org

      Have PHUN!

    • Pete Z
      Message 2 of 17 , May 10, 2010
        Hey folks.

        News from the Figment front just keeps getting more and more exciting.

        I know a few of you are already helping to bring this cool Interactive Arts Festival to Boston, but I find myself wondering if a few more of you would be interested in helping out in a very specific way.

        Mind's Eye, the Figment fundraiser, is happening this Saturday from 7-11pm.
        They'll be exhibiting a few of the art installations that will be at Figment (including work by Dream and Leonid) and will feature some really fun music.

        There's also going to be a bar. And that's where you (I hope) come in.

        We need volunteers to run the bar. You don't need to be licensed, but experience tapping CBC kegs and slinging brews to a crowd would be a huge help. This puts a good number of AutoSubbers into a very exclusive group.

        We'd looking to get 3 bartenders at a time, working two separate 2 hour shifts.
        Fun will be had.

        If you're interested, please let me know ASAP.

         -Pete Z

      • peter durand
        Message 3 of 17 , May 10, 2010
          at slinging drinks, don't hesitate to anwer the call...

          Message 4 of 17 , May 11, 2010
            Alright folks,
             A few of you have been on a bit of a vacation since the open meetings, but now its really time to get our noses to the grindstone. We need to make a few hard decisions that will help me to determine where to set our annual dues and we've got pre-playa projects to start working on.
             We will also be refining our organizational structure and begin filling in roles of responsibility for this year.
             If you plan to be an active member of the camp this year, please make an effort to attend.

            This meeting will begin with a pot-luck dinner as these have been working well for us socially, but will be proceeded by a much more formal, agenda driven format.

            When: Sunday, May 23rd
            Were: TBD (contact me to volunteer a space)
            Agenda: To Be Issued prior to meeting. Contact me with agenda items.

            Can't wait to see you all there!
             -Peter Z (crazy man)

            Message 5 of 17 , May 11, 2010
              Supposed to have a more pertinent subject line, I blame it on my brain...  THIS time.

              Greetings there folk-like objects of human forms,

              I would be quite pleased if you would let me draw your attention to an awareness of art under your twinned nostrils. One of the things that I hear people say often is how they would like to bring more of the spirit of the Playa back to the default world. Well here is an opportunity for you to help the cause. Being Burners we have a special connection to non-commercial art. The last thing that Boston needs is another glorified crafts fair disguised as an arts festival. These are all good in their own right, BUT, for the kind of art that we are talking about, perhaps altruistic, surely interactive, slightly off-kilter, well there just is not much like that to be had here in the good old Bean in the way of a public festival. Well we wish to add a new variable to the arts equation here. We would like to help the Athens of America move beyond the barren legacy of "Banned in Boston" to the bright promise of "Created in Boston." As a small gesture t that end we
              are bringing Figment to Boston on June 5th.

              This coming Saturday we will be holding a fundraiser to help make this vision an easier reality to achieve. We would like you, yes you, appreciator of the arts and your friends to join us for a night of art, music, camaraderie and the making of new friends, not unlike the Playa, except for the earlier closing time. See details below and we certainly hope that you will join us in making Boston a more artful and interesting place to live and be and create.

              With less than one week left before FIGMENT Boston's inaugural Mind's Eye fundraiser,
              now's the time to buy your tickets!  Get tickets at www.figmentproject.org/mindseye

              Event details:  Saturday, May 15, from 7 pm to 11pm
              at the Fourth Wall, 132 Brookline Ave just steps from Fenway Park.
              Today's
              big news is the announcement of our artist lineup.  Check out the
              entertainment we've got in store!

              -Bob Hepner's cuddly outfits &
              hard edged spinning things (with noise and lighting!) from the mobile
              carnival he'll be bringing to FIGMENT Boston.

              -J'ambiance with VJ Leonid Andreev:  Three guys on a mission
              to tweak your inner & outer visions.-Jelly
              Fish by Fernando DeOliveira, an installation sculpture of recycled
              jersey, turning the ordinary into the extraordinary

              -DJ Morning Glory, spinning the best of the world's most
              cutting edge PSY-dm, ill-bient and Chillout-WeGallery by mikrosopht, a mobile costume and body art kiosk
              for you to enjoy

              -The Photobot, a steampunk and art-deco inspired
              photobooth dispensing free souvenirs-The
              Collectivescope by Dream, a kaleidoscope that you improve with your own
              objects d'art.  Bring small treasures with you!

              -A special performance by Jinku Kim of his
              sound-controlled light show that you must see to believe.  Fans of
              blinky lights will NOT be disappointed!

              Plus, you'll get a preview of the new FIGMENT
              mini-documentary, an advance look at the artist lineup for FIGMENT
              Boston, and a chance to meet the FIGMENT volunteers and artists.

              All this at the advance ticket price of just $20!  In the
              event we don't sell out our 200-person event space, the remaining
              tickets will be $25 at the door. Advance tickets are available at www.figmentproject.org/mindseye.

              FIGMENT is a celebration of free, participatory
              public art.  FIGMENT accepts no advertising or corporate sponsorships
              and is entirely funded by foundations and individual donations.  FIGMENT
              Boston is produced in collaboration with the Cambridge Arts Council,
              which exists to ensure that the arts remain vital for people living,
              working and visiting Cambridge.  Tickets to the Mind's Eye are tax
              deductible to the extent allowed by law.

            • Pete Z
              Message 6 of 17 , May 19, 2010
                Hey folks,
                 Just sending out a quick reminder that our first formal meeting of the 2010 season is upon us.  Its a busy time of year and these things can be easy to forget.

                Where: Hooch's Backyard.
                Its a beautiful night and he's got space for at least a few of us. If we're real nice we may even find out how he got his playa name.
                When: This Sunday the 23rd.
                Same timing as the potlucks.
                Please arrive to heat or cook your contributions by 5:30, expect to eat and chat by 6:00.  The  meeting will begin around 7:00.

                Agenda:
                -Introduction of the GEEK and GRRLZ working groups.
                -Finalization of 2010 Pod Structure
                -Initial Pod Assignments
                -Figment Discussion
                -Open discussion

                Please join us if you'd like to take an active roll in the camp. These first few meetings will be the most influential in determining the direction and appearance of this year's camp.

                Can't wait to see you all!
                 -Peter Z (Proud Cat Herder)

              • Pete Z
                Message 7 of 17 , May 25, 2010
                  Heya gang,
                   For those that missed the meeting or, perhaps, had too much beer and not enough food at the meeting, the meeting minutes from last Tuesday's meeting have been posted publicly on our website.

                  http://www.automaticsubconscious.com/wiki/index.php/MeetingMinutes20100523

                  And, below, I have included a bit more detail from Kim regarding the voting results.
                  Quoth Kim:

                  Hi Pete,

                  here are the voting results (for some reason one person voted for a second choice but not a first or third, or else someone voted twice):

                  1st choices:
                  storage: 12; diesel: 11; steam sub 0; dome 0

                  2nd choices:
                  storage: 8; diesel: 3; steam sub: 9; dome: 4

                  3rd choices:
                  storage: 4; diesel: 7; steam sub: 5; dome: 7

                  to me, it seems like storage comes out first, not so much because it has one more first choice vote but because it's clear that the majority of people who put diesel first put storage second whereas most people who put storage first did not put diesel second so there is broad consensus that storage is a high priority.  certainly everyone would pick one of the practical/logistical choices if only one project were possible.  if only two projects were possible, about half the group would pick the second practical option and a little over half would pick one of the "fun" projects, with noticeably more support for steam sub than for raising the dome. By the time we look at third choices, every person voted for storage at least once, all but a couple voted for diesel at least once, and a bit more than half the group cast a vote for steam sub and about half for the dome.

                  End Quote.

                  If anyone has any questions about the meeting, let me know.
                  Otherwise, I'll see you all next time (June 6th).

                  -Peter Z

                • Pete Z
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 4, 2010
                    What's this? A non-Figment e-mail?

                    That's right in all of the excitement, I wanted to make sure that you all remembered that our next scheduled meeting was coming up in a couple of days.
                    For those that feel like we're having a lot of meetings....its JUNE! Lot's to do before we sleep.

                    Same bat-time, same bat-schedule.
                    Location: Tish's/MegaSeth's pad in Somerville.
                    Contact either of them or me for the address.

                    Agenda:
                    Finalization of 2010 Pod Structure
                    Preliminary Pod Leader Appointments
                    Scheduling (when to schedule your plane tickets)
                    GEEKS and GRRLZ report back to Camp

                    Sounds like a lot, but we've got to get these things out of the way to proceed.
                    See you all tomorrow (at Figment!) and Sunday.

                    Slightly over-committed for one more day,
                     -Peter Z

                  • Pete Z
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 14, 2010
                      Hey all,
                       Many apologies for these being so late to get out.
                      I know a few key people couldn't make it to the last meeting and have been looking to see them.
                      In any case, minutes can be found here:
                      http://www.automaticsubconscious.com/wiki/index.php/MeetingMinutes20100606

                      Our next meeting (by popular vote) will be held on Monday June 21 at 7:00.
                      That's one week from today.
                      No pot luck this time around, just business. Arrive ready to crank through our agenda.

                      Kim Beth is hosting. She lives at 29 Day Street, Somerville, near Davis Square.
                      Parking is said to be available.

                      Contact me with any questions or suggestions for the agenda.

                      Lots to do!
                       -Peter Z

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jun 15, 2010
                        All,

                        The Venn diagram of a gay rugby team and circle is interesting, to say the least...

                        Strawberry season is upon us, perhaps a tad earl;y this year, but the berries are numerous and sweet. We went to Ward's Berry Farm in Sharon:

                        http://wardsberryfarm.farmvisit.com

                        After was ICE CREAM! @ Crescent Ridge Dairy:

                        http://www.crescentridge.com

                        7:30 'til late to come on over and tell us what you are up to at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

                        http://www.cambrew.com

                        81 Days 'til the Man BURNSZ!

                        18 Days 'til the Bug BURNZZZZZ!

                        Truck loading???

                      • Pete Z
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jun 21, 2010
                          Hey folks,
                          Hope everybody enjoyed their balmy weekend.

                          Summer is upon us and I think its finally sinking in that there's lots to do.

                          No pot luck this time around, just business.
                          Kim Beth is hosting. She lives at 29 Day Street, Somerville, near Davis Square.
                          Parking is said to be available.

                          Nobody suggested any agenda items, so we'll crank through things in roughly this order:
                          - 2010 AutoSub membership finalization
                          - POD positions. Rediscuss, continue filling
                          - Boston Burning Truck update
                          - Storage update
                          - Generator update
                          - Acquisition list
                          - Schedule upcoming meetings work nights/ weekends

                          Than Man Burns in 75 Days!
                           -Peter Z

                        • Tish Smith

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jun 21, 2010