Re: [Autosub] M&G 2-Nite + EVENTS

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2009
      Wow, Lots o' Stuph coming down the Pike here as we approach the Holiday Season. Hope that your Halloween went well and that you were finally recognized for the freaky-assed whatever it is that you most definitely have always been.

      Might you all tonight, over pints, 7:30PM 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

      http://www.cambrew.com

      EVENTS:

      Fri. Nov. 6:
      North Bennett St. School Open House
      www.nbss.org

      Sat. Nov 7:
      North Bennett St. School Open House
      www.nbss.org

      Roslindale Open Studios
      www.roslindaleopenstudios.org

      Sun. Nov 8:
      Roslindale Open Studios
      www.roslindaleopenstudios.org

      Fri.-Sun. Nov 6-8:
      Pumpkin Chunkin' in Delaware
      http://www.punkinchunkin.com/main.htm

      Tue. Nov. 10:
      Bass Nectar
      Paradise Rock Club

      Wed. Nov. 11:

      Treat Her Right @ the Lizard Lounge 9:30PM $8
      http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/88732

      Thur. Nov. 12:

      A Burning Man History Documentary
      http://dustandillusions.com

      Fri. Nov. 13:
      Ghostface Killah
      Paradise Rock Club

      Medeski Martin & Wood
      The House o' Blues

      Sat. Nov. 14:
      The Jesus Lizard
      Paradise Rock Club

      CBC's Brewer's Dinner
      http://www.cambrew.com

      Sunday Nov. 15:
      Figment Boston Planning Meeting 2:30PM
      Orientation Room in McKim Bldg., Boston Public Library, Copley Sq.

      Mon. Nov. 16:
      Cory Doctorow of BOING! BOING!
      harvard bookstore

      Wed. Nov. 18:
      The New England Chapter of the Explorer's Club presents Vicki Croake
      The Lady & the Panda 7:30PM
      http://neexplorersclub.org

      Fri. Nov. 20:
      Boston DeCom @ Club Therapy, Providence, RI

      School of the Museum of Fine Arts Holiday Sale

      Sat, Nov. 21-Sun. Nov. 22:
      School of the Museum of Fine Arts Holiday Sale

      BrickBottom & Joy Sts. Open Studios
      www.brickbottom.com
      www.joystreetartists.org

      4th Floor Artists Open Studios, Rockland, MA
      www.4thfloorartists.org

      Sun. Nov. 22:

      Rakim        Oh Yeah!!!
      Paradise Rock Club

      Mon. Nov. 23:
      Echo & the Bunnymen
      House o' Blues

    • Q
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2009
        I'm going to miss M & G tonight. I'm up in Maine working on marriage equality, trying to defeat question #1.

        Call your friends & family in Maine and urge them to vote "No #1". Tell them Q said so.

        And have a beer for me!  :-)

        -Q

        P.S. John from Maine, this (hopefully!) goes double for you!

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 4, 2009
          While walking through Harvard Sq. last Sunday, I spied a sign in the window informing me that that day was to be the last day for Herrell's on Dunster St as it was closing forever. Never again will I sit in a bank vault surrounded by a trompe l'oeil undersea fantasy scape while relishing and ravishing a large frappe. Sadness......

          Also, that paragon of obscure Asian comestibles, the Super 88 Market filed for bankruptcy. Now we witness the true price of this recession and years of morally bankrupt oversight of the financial industry, our true cultural icons are all slipping away like so much smoke in the wind.

          Yours in overwroughtness,

        • Jeremy Zucker
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 4, 2009
            On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Douglas Ruuska <ruuskado@...> wrote:

            > While walking through Harvard Sq. last Sunday, I spied a sign in the window informing me that that day was to be the last day for Herrell's on Dunster St as it was closing forever. Never again will I sit in a > bank vault surrounded by a trompe l'oeil undersea fantasy scape while relishing and ravishing a large frappe. Sadness......

            I scream, you scream, we all scream for Herrells!

            > Also, that paragon of obscure Asian comestibles, the Super 88 Market filed for bankruptcy. Now we witness the true price of this recession and years of morally bankrupt oversight of the financial industry, our true cultural icons are all slipping away like so much smoke in the wind.

            Rats, there goes my chance to try natto in Brighton/Allston. On the
            other hand, I don't think Asian culture will be disappearing any time
            soon. http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=population+of+asia

            > Yours in overwroughtness,

            "Any sufficiently complex system is hackable"
            http://www.asofterworld.com/index.php?id=300
          • Ken Mitchell
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 4, 2009
              I'm sure they could squeeze a Starbucks in there.

              *sigh*

              Never mind Herrells.  I still miss The Tasty!

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 5, 2009
                Or the Wursthaus, or Wordsworth or Ferenti-Dege or Sage's Market or any of a large number of used bookstores that used to populate the Sq....

                Ahhhh late nights at the Tasty with the chef leaping over and attacking Don with a lollipop.....