Hot Steaming Action: this Saturday, Oct. 3.

  • leonid a
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      And no, I'm not talking about the Steam Bath!

      I'm talking about the Annual Original Yankee Steam-Up at the New
      England Wireless and Steam Museum in Greenwich, RI.
      This was also on the list of events in the M&G email Doug sent out
      earlier this week, but in case you missed it...

      These guys have a bunch of meticulously preserved steam engines,
      including some seriously massive ones. Once a year they power them all
      up with live steam. Which is really a must-see for anyone with a
      passion for awesome (and dangerous) machinery. They have a 100 HP, 18'
      high fire tube boiler, and you know how dangerous these things can
      be... A few of us went last year, and a swell time was had.

      For more info, here's the site:

      http://www.newsm.org/Museum/dates.html

      I know there are other things to do this Sat., but this is a fairly
      early thing, so it shouldn't even conflict with any of your wilder
      plans.

      -L.