Tuesday 3/3/09 is Square Root Day!!

  • Q
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2009
      Boston Burners,

      As we celebrate the Tuesdayness of tomorrow, let's also raise a pint
      to another Square Root Day!!

      Yep, it's that time of century again. One of only nine days in this
      the 21st Century where the identical month and the day, when
      multiplied, give you the 'year. Like so:

      * 1/1/01
      * 2/2/04
      * 3/3/09
      * 4/4/16
      * 5/5/25
      * 6/6/36
      * 7/7/49
      * 8/8/64
      * 9/9/81

      Meet & Greet at 7:30 p.m. this Tuesday at the CBC---be there, and be
      squared!

      -Q

      P.S. An incomplete list of other "holidays" may be found here:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Unofficial_observances
    • Pete Z
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2009
        While I am slightly ashamed to admit I am excited by this, I can't seem to think of a proper way to celebrate.
        Thoughts?

      • peterdurand01@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2009

          Roasted, root vegtables, cut into squares naturally, was the best I could come up with.
          Boring but healthy and yummy on winter days like today.
          Peter

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2009
            Must not make penis jokes. Must not make-

            Oh, hell.

            On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Pete Z wrote:

            > While I am slightly ashamed to admit I am excited by this, I can't seem to think of a proper way to celebrate.
            > Thoughts?

            "I'd rather be a lightning rod than a seismograph."
            -Ken Kesey