Re: [burners] fortress of RV's

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2008
      I think for as much time as I spent being confused, I spent lots of time over there.  Coaxing the party out of people, hooking folks up up the stripper pole,  dancing like a bloody fool to C+C Music Factory? on their stripper barge.

      They made fabulous drinks, and were generally nice especially since we never came in the "front door"  -- But it bears mentioning that lots of people "do BM" differently...  from the dirty hippies to the beautiful internationals still riding the art cars long after they should have been packing up...  I believe the illustrious Miss Katie Hazard has a story of partying with some folks from the World Bank.  I read a LJ post just today about a right wing Christian guy who has gone to the playa for several years now.

      Our world is not that small... and it takes all types.  And I think the chance for opening minds, and hearts, and creating understanding is more likely in this bizarre place at the intersection of all possibility, than in any political debate.   And this, is what radical inclusion is.

      Evolution indeed.

      Cheers,
      Hapto

      On Sep 4, 2008, at 11:23 PM, Karen Christians wrote:

      Two of our campmates, the Chainsaw Margarita guys went twice.  They asked
      for tequila and the RV Gated Community folks gave them Silver Patron Tequila
      at $100 a pop.  Yves and Denis (Chainsaw Margarita guys) asked if they had
      anything less fancy...nope that was the "lowest" grade of tequila they had.

      I didn't know that you could go and visit or certainly I would have.  Funny
      though, the American Dream had their own gated community, wanting visitors,
      but their camp was designed to say "GO AWAY, NOT ALLOWED".

      I heard that the cooks got paid $25K each for a week of cooking.  That would
      take care of my studio costs for a few years.  I wonder how to get into
      their gig for next year, LOL.   I think they spent a lot of money on
      everything.

      -k

      On 9/4/08 5:31 PM, "Matt_Grondin" <Matt_Grondin@...> wrote:

      I think you are referring to the RV camp next door to the Hive with
      "American Beauty" stamped on the RVs?

      If so, I talked to them often (at least the people they hired to work
      there).  They were from Los Angeles, work in the "industry" and this was
      their 1st burn.     I had heard the Google founders were at this year's BM,
      and I wondered if they were in this camp..... but I didn't actually see that
      many men in the camp, it looked to be mostly women (which I found oddly
      interesting)

      I have to say, if you didn't visit their camp, you missed out on a very
      interesting camp.  They spent a lot of money on their party areas.  Sitting
      in the couches was very comfy !!!

      They did have a huge problem attracting people to their parties.  This is
      probably because their camp looked very UN-inviting to those walking by.

      The folks working there didn't have a great time, and I got the sense that
      the participants didn't either.   They certainly did spend a lot of money
      though on their camp - their party area was very nice .... it's a shame that
      almost no one really saw it/used it.

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2008
        here here on haptos post

        [and some of you got my earfull long befor any hive meandered over  argument: it is ok  for a dirty hippy to come with only a sleeping bag but it is not ok for super-rich guy totry to learn?  nice inclusion....]

        suz who enjoyed asperagus fries and funnel cake...and on monday of my return  was handed 4 quarters on playa to start my coffe cup sidewalk heath fund raiser by sean the strpper bodypainter