7434M&G Tonight + LOTS of Films

    Jan 21, 2014

      So you like the Arts and want more support for them in your communities? Well here is a chance to show it, sign Mass Creative's petition to be sent to the Governor to show that wewant more support for the Arts in Massachusetts.

      http://www.mass-creative.org/take_action_si

      Whoahh, looks like Global Warming is making the jet-steam more chaotic than usual. At least we finally get some actual, un-reconstituted, honest-to-Goshen Winter around here. I can only hole that we get one day of non-wind-chill below ZERO temps. This is the best weather possible for finding the source of all those drafts and leaks in the house that you have been meaning to stop up all of these years...

      TONS of great movies about town right now, so you can take a seat in a nice, warm thetre and forget about the wind and cold and snow and lack of city parking outside for a bit and escape in the magic land of the cinematic moving picture. See below for details...

      If it all gets too much for you, come on down to the CBC this evening and we can discuss potential art projects for Burning Man and other Summer festivals. The "easy" time of the year is OVER!

      7:30PM 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

      http://www.cambrew.com

      See you around!

      Through Jan. 30:
      Dead of Winter: Vampire Movies
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
      http://brattlefilm.org

      Tue. Jan. 21:
      Boston Bike Party  -  7:30PM
      Boston City Hall Plaza
      https://www.facebook.com/events/636007446459876

      SCATV New DJ Orientation  -  8:00PM
      SCATV Studios, 90 Union Sq.
      http://www.bostonfreeradio.com

      Thur. Jan. 23:
      Acoustic Evening w/Lyle Lovett & John Hiatt  -  7:30PM
      The Wilbur Theatre, 246 Tremont St., Boston
      http://thewilbur.com/artist/lyle-lovett-john-hiatt/

      Fri. Jan. 24:
      Nosferatu (1922)  -  6:15PM
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
      http://brattlefilm.org/2014/01/24/nosferatu-4/

      Dracula (1931)  -  $:30 & 8:15PM
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
      http://brattlefilm.org/2014/01/24/dracula/

      Come witness the thrills & spills of the VELODROME  -  8-10:00PM
      Artisans Asylum, 10 Tyler St., Somerville
      http://tinyurl.com/owymoqb

      Ms. 45  -  10:00 & 12:00PM
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
      http://brattlefilm.org/2014/01/24/ms-45/

      Sat. Jan. 25:
      SOS Registration Ends
      http://www.somervilleopenstudios.org/join

      LEGO Brick Factor  -  10:00AM-5:00PM
      Boston Public Library, Dartmouth Street Entrance, Copley Sq.
      http://www.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/boston/brickfactor/

      Boston Arts & Culture Public Hearing  -  9:30-11:30AM
      Rabb Lecture Hall, Boston Public Library's Central Library
      700 Boylston Street, Copley Square, Boston
      http://www.boston14.org/rsvp-arts-and-culture-public-hearing

      "Andrei Rublev" by Andrei Tarkovsky  -  7:00PM
      Harvard Film Archives, 24 Quincy St., Harvard Sq.
      http://hcl.harvard.edu/hfa/films/2014janmar/tarkovsky.html#andrei

      Ms. 45
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
      http://brattlefilm.org/2014/01/24/ms-45/

      Sun. Jan. 26:
      MIT Museum Free Admission  -  10:00AM-5:00PM
      265 Mass. Ave., Cambridge
      http://web.mit.edu/museum

      LEGO Brick Factor  -  1-3:00PM
      Boston Public Library, Dartmouth Street Entrance, Copley Sq.
      http://www.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/boston/brickfactor/

      John Huston's "The Kremlin Letter"  -  4:30PM
      Harvard Film Archives, 24 Quincy St., Harvard Sq.
      http://hcl.harvard.edu/hfa/films/2014janmar/huston.html#kremlin

      Andrei Tarkovsky's "Stalker"  -  7:00PM
      Harvard Film Archives, 24 Quincy St., Harvard Sq.
      http://hcl.harvard.edu/hfa/films/2014janmar/tarkovsky.html#stalker

      Ms. 45
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
      http://brattlefilm.org/2014/01/24/ms-45/

      Mon. Jan. 27:
      Andrei Tarkovsky's "The Sacrifice"  -  7:00PM
      Harvard Film Archives, 24 Quincy St., Harvard Sq.
      http://hcl.harvard.edu/hfa/films/2014janmar/tarkovsky.html#sacrifice

      Aatsinki: Life in Finnish Lapland w/the Director  -  7:00PM
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
      http://brattlefilm.org/2014/01/27/aatsinki/

      Blacula  -  9:30PM
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
      http://brattlefilm.org/2014/01/27/blacula/

      Tue. Jan. 28:
      Boston APP/Lab: Lessons from Cambridge's Magazine Beach Project  -  6:30PM
      BSA Space, 290 Congress St., Boston
      bsaspace.org/about.