7431M&G + some EVENTSES

    Jan 7, 2014
      Well, First Night was definitely a success, especially FIGMENT First Night. Lots and lots of folks took in and enjoyed fire art, interactive art and all manner of blinky art. Kind of makes you think that next year should be REALLY interesting...

      All that cold and ice makes me think of some other icy things tht I have heard about recently. How about this, a drivable pickup truck made out of ice. Those wacky Canadians, what will they think of next?

      http://sploid.gizmodo.com/this-truck-is-made-of-ice-and-you-can-actually-drive-it-1492641964

      If you have some spare time, cash, and a non-aversion to cold, then perhaps you should be at the Harbin Ice & Snow Festival in China right now:

      http://news.msn.co.nz/glanceview/376914/harbin-ice-and-snow-sculpture-festival-2014.glance

      Well, finally a Tuesday that is not the eve of some co-opted Pagan Holiday so we can once again join in our own tradition of heading down to hoist pints at the CBC. Come on down and stay cozy with us around the bar. 7:30PM 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

      http://www.cambrew.com

      EVENTSES:

      Jan. 17- Jan. 26:
      MFA Boston Festival of Films from Iran
      Boston Museum of Fine Arts, 465 Hu ntington Ave., Boston
      http://tinyurl.com/les3lys

      Wed. Jan. 8:
      Mass Innovation Night - 6:00PM
      http://massinnovationnights.com

      Thu. Jan. 9:
      Leon Russell & Hot Tuna - 7:30PM
      The Wilbur Theatre, 246 Tremont St., Boston
      http://thewilbur.com/artist/leon-russel-hot-tuna/

      Fri. Jan. 10:
      Jive  -  10:00PM
      Arc Nightclub & Lounge
      835 Beacon St., Boston

      Sat. Jan. 11:
      2nd Saturdays: Joy St. Artists Open Studios - Noon-6:00PM
      86 Joy St., Somerville
      http://www.joystreetartists.org

      Audio/Visual: A show of visual art exploring sound/music
      Opening Reception: 7-10:00PM

      321 Washington St., Somerville
      http://www.washingtonst.org/