7423

    Nov 19, 2013
      Well now, temps in the 20's tonight, what better thing to do than to cozy up next to a warm bar with some friends and talk in the hushed tones of repressed boistrosity about our dear, and recently departed, friend, Summer.

      Couple of opportunities on the table to help some folks out if you are so inclined. Looks like Gabby's post-fire recovery fund is coming along nicely with almost 13K of the needed $15K raised so far. Great job community!

      https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/t8c3/gabriella-s-fire-recovery-fund?utm_source=giveforward&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=donation_receipt_T0

      Also looks like your favorite local chopper gang, SCUL, is going to be moving to a new spot within the Artisans Asylum this weekend and it seems as if they could use an extra hand or two this coming Sunday. I am not completely clear on the details, but if you are so inclined, drop a line to your favorite pilot and get the low-down from the source.

      Also, if a different inclination strikes and tips you over, the Burners up in Toronto are having their DeCom this Saturday and I am sure they would be delighted if some out of town neighbors from the Southern reaches were to show up and attend.

      Come on down to the CBC this evening and hoist that pint to help foment the creation of an inner glow of warmth within you on this Intro to Winter evening. I will actually be able to go tonight and I am looking forward to it with relish.

      7:30PM 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

      http://www.cambrew.com

      EVENTSES

      Wed. Nov. 20:
      Extreme Weather & Climate Change - 7:00PM
      Armenise Auditorium, Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Ave., Boston
      http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/seminar-series/

      Fri. Nov. 22:
      Tom Seelie: Bright Night Book Signing - 7:00PM
      Mills Gallery, Boston Center for the Arts, 551 Tremont St.
      http://www.bcaonline.org/

      Jan Reynolds: High altitude Woman  -  7:30PM
      NE Explorer's Club Meeting
      Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel, 400 Soldiers Field Rd.
      https://www.facebook.com/NewEnglandChapterOfTheExplorersClub

      Sat. Nov. 23:
      Brickbottom Open Studios  -  Noon-6:00PM
      1 Fitchburg. St., Somerville
      http://brickbottomartists.com/open_studios_info

      Book Launch Art Party - 5-8:00PM
      The Hawthorne inside the Hotel Commonwealth, Kenmore Sq.
      http://www.panopticongallery.com/

      Toronto DeCom
      http://burnon.ca/

      Sun. Nov. 24:
      Brickbottom Open Studios  -  Noon-6:00PM
      1 Fitchburg. St., Somerville
      http://brickbottomartists.com/open_studios_info

      Mon. Nov. 25:
      Nathan Myhrvold: Modernist Cuisine - 7:00PM
      Science Center, Hall C, 1 Oxford St, Cambridge
      http://www.seas.harvard.edu/cooking

      Tue. Nov. 26:
      Traditional Japanese Dance Performance  -  8:00PM
      Granoff Hall, Tufts University, 20 Talbot Ave., Medford