7404M&G Tonite + Minimal Eventses

    Aug 6, 2013
      Shit, does the truck really load on Friday this year due to due to an upcoming rail strike?

      No, so that is pretty good news. However, you aren't one of those poor fools who is already completely packed yet, right? Why would you ever do such a thing thereby denying yourself of that most quintessential of Burner experiences, the last-possible-minute, pre-truck-packing FREAK_OUT!?!?!?! A true and proper culmination of the lead-up phase known as SPACE MADNESS.

      No worries, I tend to take comfort in the fact that all over the planet, there are freaked out, Time-Expanding Gin-soaked, sleepless, half crazed, half insane boyz & grlz furiously cutting, coding, grinding, soldering, ordering parts that they hope come in time, welding, sawing, hammering, screaming and tweaking that next to last little thing so that all of it can come together to provide you, gentle reader, with a perfect, flawless and wondrous experience that you will treasure forever because it changed your life (TM).

      NOW GET BACK TO WORK YOU LAZY SLACKERS, ART DON'T BUILD ITSELF YOU KNOW

      Let's Go Fly a Bike needs your help too. Looking for more people
      who want to help operate this bizarre creation while on-Playa. We
      have organizers to help wrangle and schedule the volunteers that
      have signed up so for. We can use some more.

      http://www.letsgoflyabike.com

      The more people who
      commit to helping man this crack-pot creation, the greater the
      number of folks who will actually get to Fly A Bike. Please let me
      know if you are interested in helping out at all by dropping me an
      email off-list please. If you do not know what I am talking about,
      check out this image from WIRED Magazine:

      http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/09/burning-man/?pid=4819

      Oh My Gawd! Does the truck really really load in 4 short days?!??!?!!!
      Does the Man Burn in 25?  Plenty o' time, plenty o' time, to lose your ever loving mind that is.

      Time Expanding Gin, here I come!

      Tonight, 7:30PM 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

      http://www.cambrew.com

      Come
      on down and hoist a pint or two of the finest fermented brew around and
      tell us all about how you are going to get your Burning Man projects
      all done LOOOOONG before truck loading. This year for sure.

      EVENTSES:

      Once again, I
      am sure that there is TONS of stuff happening this week in the city
      that is fun to do. However, projects and deadlines preclude me from
      either looking for them/going to them. So, at this time of year, ya gets
      what ya gets.

      Wed. Aug. 7:
      The Expedition to the End of the World  -  7:00PM
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
      http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/430931

      Fri. Aug. 9:
      MIT Museum Free Admission - 5-8:00PM
      Celebrate 150-Years of MIT
      http://web.mit.edu/museum/programs/secondfridays.html

      Sat. Aug. 10:
      The Nines Festival
      Devens, MA
      http://www.theninesfestival.com

      DJ Shadow
      Sinclair, Harvard Sq.
      http://bit.ly/10O93RJ

      Sun. Aug 11:
      Boston Burning Truck Load for to head all your Kee-Rappp to da Playa
      http://burningtruck.chaoshacker.org/

      Mon. Aug. 12:
      Dr. Andrea Pauli: The Mysteries of the Genome - 7:00PM
      The Burren, Davis Sq.,Somerville
      http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/science-by-the-pint/