7402M&G Tonite

    Jul 30, 2013
      Whew, so much to do, to do, do...

      Gotta get my bike-lock thief-photo-taking, super-capacitor-discharge, flame-throwing, bucket of serpents and vipers pretending to be a handlebar basket, exploding seat, superglue handlebars, GPS tracking, wireless microphone, bear-trap foot-pedal bike prevention systems on line before the truck load, or else ALL IS LOST!!!        Really people...
      _______________________
      FIGMENT Boston this past weekend was a BLAST! At least I know that I had a great time, so did my Mom, she really enjoys this event and got to meet lots of you fine folk. So nice to see so many folks out and about and playing with strangers and strange art. I am sure that there are pics and images up already on the website so that you can either reminisce, or see what you missed and put it in your calendar for next year.

      http://boston.figmentproject.org/
      Let'sGo Fly a Bike needs your help too. Looking for people who want to help operate this bizarre creation while on-Playa. We have organizers to help wrangle and schedule the volunteers that have signed up so for. We can use some more. The more people who commit to helping man this crack-pot creation, the greater the number of folks who will actually get to Fly A Bike. Please let me know if you are interested in helping out at all by dropping me an email off-list please. If you do not know what I am talking about, check out this image from WIRED Magazine:

      http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/09/burning-man/?pid=4819
      Looks like the Penrose triangle Project is coming along nicely. LOTS of finicky placement and even more welding has begun to produce some pretty cool looking results over at the old shop. For updates and to donate if you feel the need, head over to their kickstarter page:

      http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1445413008/the-penrose-triangle-at-burning-man-2013/

      Oh My Gawd! Does the truck really really load in 11 short days?!??!?!!!
      Does the Man Burn in 32?  Plenty o' time, plenty o' time, to lose your ever loving mind that is.

      Time Expanding Gin, here I come!

      Tonight, 7:30PM 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

      http://www.cambrew.com

      Come on down and hoist a pint or two of the finest fermented brew around and tell us all about how you are going to get your Burning Man projects all done LOOOOONG before truck loading. This year for sure.

      EVENTSES:

      Once again, I am sure that there is TONS of stuff happening this week in the city that is fun to do. However, projects and deadlines preclude me from either looking for them/going to them. So, at this time of year, ya gets what ya gets.

      Tue. July 30:
      Gunfight at the OK Corral  -  7:00PM
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq., Cambridge
      http://www.brattlefilm.org

      Thur. Aug. 1:
      NE Model Engineering Society Meeting - 7:00PM
      Charles River Museum of Industry
      http://www.neme-s.org

      Fri. Aug. 2:
      SOWA First Fridays - 5-9:00PM
      http://www.sowaartistsguild.com/calendar.html

      MFA First Fridays - 5:30-9:30PM
      http://www.mfa.org/programs/special-event/mfa-first-fridays

      Sat. Aug. 3:
      Opening Reception: You Are Here: Maps and Art  -  3-5:00PM
      The Nave Gallery,155 Powderhouse Blvd., Somerville
      http://www.navegallery.org

      Sun. Aug. 4:
      Davis Sq. Flea Market - 10:00AM-4:00PM
      Crnr Buena Vista Rd. & Holland St.
      http://www.thedavisflea.com/Home.html

      Wed. Aug. 7:
      The Expedition to the End of the World - 7:00PM
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
      http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/430931