7393M&G Tonight + Eventses

    Jun 18, 2013
      Goodness, can Firefly REALLY only be 2-weeks away!!! Time for the first panic attacks of the season. Put on your constrictive hat, run around in circles, jibber and shout until the feeling passes. There now, feel better? Now get back to work! Art does not build itself you know. Uncork the time-expanding gin and let's make cool shit happen.

      The Dorchester High School art teacher that I have been collecting up art supplies for is having a birthday tomorrow. Thanks to your generosity, there are 2 good-sized crates of art supplies that she will be receiving as a present to help her teach art to teenagers. She says that she can use it all, and more, so if'n you have stuff that you were meaning to get to me, I will be at the CBC tonight and will take any and all supplies from you for this good cause. Thanks so much for helping out!

      Don't forget about crutches for the Burn as well. Right about now we have 10-pairs or so, so we are off to a good start. Bring them to the truck loading and we will retrieve them on-Playa and get them to the Medical tent.

      Speaking of projects, here are a couple of Boston-based projects to check out progress on:

      The Penrose Triangle:

      http://penrosetriangle.com/wordpress/

      Help Phil make the elephant happen, 5 more days to funding oblivion:

      http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-elephant-in-the-room-burning-man-2013-art-car?browse_v=old_no_dropdown

      Alright, hopefully you are even MORE inspired now, so, come on down and tell us how your projects are progressing along over a pint or many of the good stuff.

      7:30 'til late at the Cambridge Brewing Co.

      http://www.cambrew.com

      Ongoing Events:

      June 19-22:
      Joe's Jazz & Blues fest
      Various Locales
      http://www.somervilleartscouncil.org/jazzbluesfest

      INDIVIDUAL EVENTS:

      Tue. June 18:

      Acoustic Hot Tuna
      Somerville Theatre, 55 Davis Sq., Somerville
      http://feitheatres.com/somerville-theatre/events/

      Emperor Norton's Stationary Marching Band  -  8:00PM
      Middle East Upstairs
      http://www.ensmb.com

      Wed. June 19:
      The Rolling Stones Rock & Roll Circus  -  7:00PM
      Brattle Theatre, Harvard Sq.
      http://tinyurl.com/kt4rvsl

      Narwhals: Arctic Whales in a Changing World -  7:00PM
      Harvard Bookstore, 126 Mass Ave., Harvard Sq.
      http://www.harvard.com/event/todd_mcleish/

      Thur. June 20:

      Urban Design Lecture Series: Urban Agriculture - 6:30PM
      BSA Space, 290 Congress St., Boston
      http://www.bsaspace.org

      Fri. June 21:

      The Lost Art of Finding Your Way  -  7:00PM
      Harvard Bookstore, 126 Mass Ave., Harvard Sq
      http://www.harvard.com/event/john_edward_huth/

      Sat. June 22:

      6th Annual Make Music Harvard Sq. - 2-10:00PM
      Harvard Sq., Cambridge
      http://www.harvardsquare.com

      Sun. June 23:
      Davis Sq. Flea Market - 10:00AM-4:00PM