seeking venues for live recording concerts

  • Metzger, Sharon
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28 4:46 AM

      Hi folks,

      I suspect I need to start this off with, “You old-timers might remember us…” but anyway…  My group, Faith in Action, is planning to do a couple concerts this summer in order to produce a Live CD.  (It’s only taken us 10 years ;-)  We’re looking for recommendations for venues in the Boston area that are acoustically good for such a project.

      We’ll have some alums with us, so we’ll be up to 10 women, gospel/jazz, individually mic’ed.  Preferred towns would be in the Boston/Beverly/Acton triangle (i.e., more North/Northwest than South of the city).  We hope to pack the hall with enthusiastic audience members, but I don’t have a preferred seating capacity.

      Please send suggestions off-list, or if you’d like to share any experience recording live gigs or any recommended resources...  (We’ve been reading related stuff at bacs.org and casa.org, plus different members have relevant experience and contacts, but feel free to chime in.)

      Thanks much!
      Sharon

      SHARON METZGER
      sharon.metzger@...