SAD NEWS THN...The Harmony Network is QUIET!

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2006
      Hi there all of you close harmony fans.

      It is with deep sorrow that I have to announce that THN, The Harmony Network, has been notified by Verizon (Our DSL Carrier), that the account and their service has been suspended until the account is current.  As we have been telling you for almost two months, the Network ran out of money in January.  After an appeal through this forum, the kindness of a couple of folks, and a tremendous gift from the Rahway Valley Chapter, we were able to stay on the air for February.   This decision by Verizon is irreversible without the influx of the money to pay the overdue balance of $530.00.

      This decision affects the operation of the Network and all of their weekly shows. "Monday Night With Joaner", hosted by Jeanne Garrett, "Tuesday Night Swipes", hosted by Marty Israel and Vinnie Haynes, "The East Coast A cappella Review", hosted by Linda and Garry Cascio, "The APPLAUSE" Show, hosted by Gary Rush and I, and "The Best of Both Worlds", hosted by Ari Brafman,  will be "QUIET" until this problem is solved.

      THN...The Harmony Network began their third year of operation at the beginning of this month, and is the only commercially licensed radio station in the country to turn their live format over to barbershop harmony and a cappella music.

      The Staff and local team of the Network will be meeting tomorrow night and we will keep this forum advised as to the plans and hopes of the people who have given their time and talent for two years to make the Network a 5-night per week place where you can listen to the music you love the most.

      If you are in the position to help us with the current problem, $530.00, or if you want to help us in whatever way you can, please email me at RMTMUSIC@..., or if you want to call me the cell number is 973-592-7351  This project has been a labor of love and I am devastated that the Network has been forced off the air because of a money issue.

      With all hopes of resolving this dilemma, I remain

      In Harmony
      Rich Taylor, President THN...The Harmony Network
      Host of The "APPLAUSE" Show