45th ANNUAL RAHWAY NOVICE QUARTET CONTEST this weekend

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2006
      Hi gang,

      This Saturday, February 25th is the date of the 2006 Rahway Novice Quartet Contest to be held at 7:30 PM in the auditorium of The Rahway High School.  This is the longest running Novice Contest to my knowledge in the Society.  There will be 15 quartets from all over the Mid Atlantic Region who will be competing for the 2006 Championship.

      The Novice Contest is sponsored by my chapter, the Rahway Valley Chapter and the Ticket Price is the best ever......FREE.  That's right, you can bring all of your friends and family to the contest, hear some great singing and then, as a guest of the Rahway Jerseyaires, enjoy an afterglow featuring free food and drink.  Many of the Rahway Novice Champions have gone on to great success on the District and International stages.  Perhaps one of the quartets to step across the stage this weekend will be launching a new successful career on the contest stage.

      The school is located on Madison Ave between Westfield and Central ave in Rahway, and accessible from the Parkway, Route 1 or the Turnpike.

      We invite any of you who will be in the central New Jersey area this weekend, to stop by and watch this incredible contest.  AGAIN, THE ADMISSION IS FREE TO THE CONTEST AND THE AFTERGLOW.   We hope to see you there!!

      Rich Taylor, Proud Director of Musical Activities
          Rahway Valley Chapter, The Barbershop Harmony Society
          Hosts of The 45th Rahway Novice Quartet Contest