seeking one male and one female singer

  • Marisa
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2005
      Nationally-known pop vocal band All About Buford seeks one male and one
      female singer. We need pro-level singers with stage presence and power.
      Someone with a strong solo voice who can groove. All performances are
      paid. Great ear required. Songwriting and arranging skills a plus;
      ability to play other instruments also welcomed. Also interested in
      incorporating pedals and effects. Songs are arranged collectively - you
      will not be reading from written arrangements for the most part (think
      band structure). All members get a chance to sing lead, but also will
      be required to sing blended but creative backup parts. The music is
      pop-oriented, with a little of whatever else moves us, so you must have
      a pop voice and sensibility, and a hip look - we want a good visual
      onstage as well as good music! Must be able to make a commitment to
      some touring, and consistent gigging. Competent mic technique and
      comfortable performance skills (movement, ability to banter and joke)
      required.

      We perform solely at listening rooms, festivals and concert halls of
      prestige. We have strong relationships with many high-end venues, with
      new performances being booked all the time. Booking is done both
      internally and externally, but all management and business is currently
      done internally by the members of the band. New recording in the works.

      Though this is not currently a full-time commitment, it may become so
      at some point (or it may not). We are an award-winning vocal band based
      in the Boston area, but we are a commuting band, so disparate locations
      are ok. Rehearsals approximately once a week (when geographically
      together), perhaps more during the initial phase.

      Please contact a...@..., or 617.290.6749 with sound
      clips, photo and bio/resume. If you'd like to mail recordings and
      materials, please send to: Amy Malkoff, 182 Pleasant Street,
      Marblehead, MA 01945. Any questions or concerns can also be sent to the
      same address. We look forward to hearing from you and to a creative,
      fun, and innovative project!