seeking one male and one female singer

  • Amy Malkoff
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2005
      Nationally-known pop vocal band All About Buford seeks one male and
      one female singer. We need pro-level singers with stage presence and
      power. Someone with a strong solo voice who can groove. All
      performances are paid. Great ear required. Songwriting and arranging
      skills a plus; ability to play other instruments also welcomed. Also
      interested in incorporating pedals and effects. Songs are arranged
      collectively - you will not be reading from written arrangements for
      the most part (think band structure). All members get a chance to sing
      lead, but also will be required to sing blended but creative backup
      parts. The music is pop-oriented, with a little of whatever else moves
      us, so you must have a pop voice and sensibility, and a hip look - we
      want a good visual onstage as well as good music! Must be able to make
      a commitment to some touring, and consistent gigging. Competent mic
      technique and comfortable performance skills (movement, ability to
      banter and joke) required.

      We perform solely at listening rooms, festivals and concert halls of
      prestige. We have strong relationships with many high-end venues, with
      new performances being booked all the time. Booking is done both
      internally and externally, but all management and business is
      currently done internally by the members of the band. New recording in
      the works.

      Though this is not currently a full-time commitment, it may become so
      at some point (or it may not). We are an award-winning vocal band
      based in the Boston area, but we are a commuting band, so disparate
      locations are ok. Rehearsals approximately once a week (when
      geographically together), perhaps more during the initial phase.

      Please contact amy@..., or 617.290.6749 with sound
      clips, photo and bio/resume. If you'd like to mail recordings and
      materials, please send to: Amy Malkoff, 182 Pleasant Street,
      Marblehead, MA 01945. Any questions or concerns can also be sent to
      the same address. We look forward to hearing from you and to a
      creative, fun, and innovative project!
    • Marisa
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2005

        Please contact a...@..., or 617.290.6749 with sound