seeking vocalists - paid gigs!

  • Amy Malkoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2005
      Nationally-known pop vocal band All About Buford seeks one female and
      one male singer. Perform with some of the best vocal percussionists in
      the business at fantastic venues! We need pro-level singers with stage
      presence and power. Someone with a strong solo voice who can groove.
      All performances are paid. Great ear and significant performance
      experience required. Songwriting and arranging skills a plus; ability
      to play other instruments also welcomed. Also interested in
      incorporating pedals and effects. Songs are arranged collectively -
      you will not be reading from written arrangements for the most part
      (think band structure). All members get a chance to sing lead, but
      also will be required to sing blended but creative backup parts. The
      music is pop-oriented, with a little of whatever else moves us, so you
      must have a pop voice and sensibility, and a hip look - we want a good
      visual onstage as well as good music! Must be able to make a
      commitment to some touring, and consistent gigging. Competent mic
      technique and comfortable performance skills (movement, ability to
      banter and joke) required.

      We perform solely at listening rooms, festivals and concert halls of
      prestige. We have strong relationships with many high-end venues, with
      new performances being booked all the time. Booking is done both
      internally and externally, but all management and business is mostly
      done internally by the members of the band. We are currently on the
      roster of a Japanese agency, and need to gear up for touring and
      recording w/them. New recording in the works.

      Though this is not currently a full-time commitment, it may become so
      at some point (or it may not). We are an award-winning vocal band
      based in the Boston area, but we are a commuting band, so disparate
      locations are ok. Rehearsals approximately once a week (when
      geographically together), perhaps more during the initial phase.

      Please contact amy@..., or 617.290.6749 with sound
      clips, photo and bio/resume. If you'd like to mail recordings and
      materials, please send to: Amy Malkoff, 182 Pleasant Street,
      Marblehead, MA 01945. Any questions or concerns can also be sent to
      the same address. We look forward to hearing from you and to a
      creative, fun, and innovative project!