All About Buford seeks one more male singer

  • Amy Malkoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25 8:30 AM
      All About Buford seeks one more powerful guy singer. We need a
      pro-level singer with stage presence and power. Someone with a strong
      solo voice who can groove. All performances are paid. Great ear
      required. Songwriting and arranging skills a plus; ability to play
      other instruments also welcomed. Also interested in incorporating
      pedals and effects. Songs are arranged collectively - you will not be
      reading from written arrangements for the most part (think band
      structure). All members get a chance to sing lead, but also will be
      required to sing blended but creative backup parts. The music is
      pop-oriented, with a little of whatever else moves us, so you must
      have a pop voice and sensibility, and a hip look - we want a good
      visual onstage as well as good music! Must be able to make a
      commitment to some touring, and consistent gigging. Competent mic
      technique and comfortable performance skills (movement, ability to
      banter and joke) required.

      We perform solely at listening rooms, festivals and concert halls of
      prestige. We have strong relationships with many high-end venues, with
      new performances being booked all the time. Booking is done both
      internally and externally, but all management and business is mostly
      done internally by the members of the band. New recording in the works.

      Though this is not currently a full-time commitment, it may become so
      at some point (or it may not). We are an award-winning vocal band
      based in the Boston area, but we are a commuting band, so disparate
      locations are ok. Rehearsals approximately once a week (when
      geographically together), perhaps more during the initial phase.

      Please contact amy@..., or 617.290.6749 with sound
      clips, photo and bio/resume. If you'd like to mail recordings and
      materials, please send to: Amy Malkoff, 182 Pleasant Street,
      Marblehead, MA 01945. Any questions or concerns can also be sent to
      the same address. We look forward to hearing from you and to a
      creative, fun, and innovative project!