Tuesday Night Swipes

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2005
      Hi everyone!

      This past Tuesday, Tuesday Night Swipes featured all the medalists, choruses and quartets, from the just-completed Barbershop Harmony Society contests.  The mystery cut was by Saturday Evening Post.

      This week's show will have a new feature cut and a new mystery cut, where a listener can win a CD by calling in with the identity of the singers.

      Tuesday Night Swipes is on 7:00pm-11:00pm New Jersey time.

      To listen to Tuesday Night Swipes, a proud program of The Harmony Network, go to www.harmonize.com/thn and follow the directions to the live broadcast and the chat room, if you are so inclined.

      To call in, simply use our toll free (anywhere in the continental United States) number, 1-877-THN-SONG.

      This past show, nobody identified Saturday Evening Post singing Tell Me You'll Forgive Me, so no one won a new CD.  Perhaps this week, you will change this.

      PLAYLIST FOR 7/12/05

      FEATURED CUT - All medalists from the BHS contest:
      Great Northern Union: This Train/When The Saints Go Marching In
      O C Times: No One Loves You Any Better Than Your M A Double M Y
      Alexandria Harmonizers: Steppin' Out With My Baby
      Riptide: Fit As A Fiddle/For Me And My Gal
      New Tradition Chorus: Bring Him Home
      Metropolis: Alexander's Ragtime Band/Alexander's Band Is Back In Dixieland
      Toronto Northern Lights: Anthems/Ode To Joy
      Max Q: Have A Little Talk With Myself
      Masters of Harmony: California Here I Come; What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life
      Realtime: Yesterday I Heard The Rain; Four Brothers
      MYSTERY CUT - Saturday Evening Post: Tell Me You'll Forgive Me
      OPENER - Dealer's Choice: Goodbye Old Dixie Goodbye
      Scottsdale Chorus: Opus One
      Chicago News: Once Upon A Time
      Toxic Audio: If I Only Had A Briain
      Fanatix: Straighten Up And Fly Right
      Fresno Gold Note Chorus: When Day Is Done
      The Real Group: There Will Never Be Another You
      State Line Grocery: One For My Baby
      Gem City: One Of Those Songs
      A Cappella Harmony Quartet (AHQ): In That Great Gettin' Up Morning
      Weekend Edition: The Song Is Ended
      Southern Gateway Chorus: If You Had All The World And Its Gold
      Pieces of 8: A Nightengale Sang In Berkeley Square
      McKinley Street Function: Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard
      Rich Tones: Pal Of My Cradle Days
      Blue Jupiter: Sir Duke
      Panache: Stuff Like That There
      Phoenicians: There's A Ring To The Name Of Rose
      Acappella (this is the correct spelling for this group): Give Me Jesus
      North Metro Chorus: I Dreamed A Dream
      Michigan Jake: The Old Piano Roll Blues
      The Key of She: Bald Headed Men
      Rumors: When I Fall In Love
      Vocal Majority: Runnin' Wild
      King Singers: The Wind Beneath My Wings
      Suntones: Watch What Happens
      Pride of Baltimore Chorus: My Honey's Lovin' Arms
      The Master's Men: The Lord's Prayer
      Upstate Rhythm: The Impossible Dream
      Midwest Vocal Express: Way Down Yonder In New Orleans/That's A Plenty/Original Dixieland One-Step MEDLEY
      Chanticleer: Camptown Races
      Rounders: I Wanna Be Around
      Ramapo Valley Spotlight Chorus: Our Love Is Here To Stay
      Boyz Nite Out: Crazy
      Tone Appetit: Where Is Love
      Swingle Singers: Strawberry Fields Forever
      Rockapella: Oh, Pretty Woman
      Boswell Sisters: The Darktown Strutter's Ball
      Manhattan Transfer: King Porter's Stomp
      Vox One: The Sky Is Falling
      Robert Shaw Chorale: What Do You Do With A Drunken Sailor
      Growing Girls: Dancing Queen
      Naturally Seven: Bridge Over Troubled Water
      Ambassadors of Harmony: Sing Sing Sing
      Dallas Knights (with Wendy Wilson DeCrow): Superstar
      Take 6: David And Goliath
      Wheelhouse: You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You
      Vocal Majority: A Tribute To World Peace
      The Idea of North: Irish Blessing
      CLOSER - Carpenters: Without A Song

      Why don't you tune in this week?  We promise to bring you the best in a cappella and barbershop!

      Canto ergo sum

      Marty Israel
      Co-Host (with Vinny Haynes), Tuesday Night Swipes
      A Proud Program of The Harmony Network
      Where ALL the good singers have gone!!!