"Mister Moto" and raw onions

  • voicegod@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2005
      Can anyone out there explain to me the reference to "Mister Moto" in "Java Jive"? ("Look, Mister Moto, I'm a coffee pot...") And what does it have to do with coffee? It sounds vaguely anti-Japanese, but I don't want to be PC if there's no reason to.

      And for that matter, what's the deal with the raw onion? Did people use to eat onions with their coffee?

      My a cappella group is learning the song right now and I've always been curious about these imponderables.

      Hope you can help!

      Mark Miller
      baritone, "Tuckermans at 9"