May 21 New England High School Quartet Jamboree

  • CHARLES OLIVER
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 7:48 AM
      Hey A Cappella Fans !!

      Attention All High School Singers & Quartets:

      On May 21st the Nashua Granite Statesmen Chorus is holding the First Annual New England High School Quartet Jamboree at the Keefe Auditorium at the Elm St. Junior High School in Nashua, NH. From 9 to 5. Check out our website www.granitestatesmen.org/Jamboree.htm

      It is a special clinic, adjudication, and performance event for boys, girls, and mixed quartets and VLQs.  (Very Large Quartet of 5 or more singers) You will get coaching from our faculty of experienced singers and music educators, the 2004 Harmony Incorporated International Gold Medal Ladies Quartet "Synchronicity"; the Barbershop Harmony Society International Finalist quartet, "3 Men & A Melody" (the bass and tenor are both high school music  educators); and "Men In Black" the 2002-2004 Northeastern District Collegiate Champions.

      An adjudication is the perfect way to perform and learn, have fun, and meet other singers like you. Free coaching is available prior to the event. We will run some quartet workshops in the morning and then all gather for the adjudication segment. This will be 2 song adjudication. A song selection list will be provided to select 1 or 2 barbershop arrangements taken from the songs in the Barbershop Harmony Society and Sweet Adeline's International's music educator packets. Select your songs soon so sheet music and learning tracks can be sent to you in time.  If your director or music educator would like copies of the music educator packets and the CDs inside please contact the Jamboree Chairman. You may optionally use one of your own close harmony a cappella arrangements. In an adjudication everyone is a winner! Each quartet/VLQ will receive a rating of Good, Excellent or Superior. At the Jamboree each quartet starts with one on one coaching, then you will perform for judges in the adjudication segment, after the adjudication each quartet/VLQ gets individual coaching by the attending judges. After the second coaching session all the student and faculty quartets will then perform in a quartet parade in front of a live audience.

      Form a quartet or a "VLQ" and join in the fun. A "VLQ" is a Very Large Quartet of 5 or more singers. VLQs are great for those who want to sing their voice part with the support of a friend. If you are home schooled or can't gather 4 voice parts or a whole quartet from within your school sign up and we will match you up with the other voice parts! We will coordinate between other singers who are local to you and arrange rehearsal time prior to the event if possible. Quartets and VLQs can be made up of boys, girls, or mixed. Quartets/VLQs of all levels are invited to participate.

      This special community service event to promote and help fund vocal music and harmony in our schools is hosted by the Nashua Granite Statesmen and sponsored by the all 3 barbershop societies; The men's Barbershop Harmony Society, and the women's Harmony Inc., and Sweet Adeline's International, and your local area businesses. For those students who have chosen to participate in the separate and wildly fun New Hampshire Barbershop Choral Festival on March 5, 2005 and the MetroWest Barbershop Choral Festival on March 12th, 2005, or the Harmony Explosion Camp this past August, you can use those choral songs if you wish in the Quartet Jamboree. There is a $10 per participant registration fee. Financial aid is available. Financial concerns should not stop anyone from attending. Contact the Jamboree Chairman for information.

      What are you waiting for! Join in the fun!

      Read all about it at our website: =
      http://www.granitestatesmen.org/Jamboree.htm

      If you would like to take part in this event, contact the Jamboree Chairman!!

      For more information including registrations forms, consent and permission forms, song selection lists, directions to the site, special articles, etc. please visit our Jamboree website at www.granitestatesmen.org/Jamboree  Contact Charlie Oliver, Jamboree Chairman 603-929-1063 cboliver@...

      Please spread the word amongst your colleagues and friends and especially the students. Feel free to print the .pdf Invitations and Posters and pass them out.

      Sing-cerely,

      Charlie Oliver
      Founder & Chairman,
      New England High School Quartet Jamboree
      Vice President, Young Men In Harmony
      Bass, Nashua Granite Statesmen
      9 Time & Current Northeastern District Chorus Champions