Seeking Musical Directors

  • Michael Klein
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2004
      2 Chapters of the Barbershop Harmony Society are seeking Directors
      for their music program.

      #1 Providence, RI

      Our mission is to provide high quality vocal entertainment for our
      audiences, primarily in the Barbershop style of four part harmony.
      To encourage vocal excellence, we compete with our fellow choruses at
      least twice each year. We are 13-time chorus champions of the
      Northeastern District of the Barbershop Harmony Society.

      After many years of guiding the Narragansett Bay Chorus, Ted Doran is
      stepping down as our Director. He is an accomplished musician,
      singer, leader, and above all, a first-rate Director. The Providence,
      R.I. Chapter extends heartfelt thanks to Ted for his musical
      leadership over many, many years, and very best wishes to him in the
      future.

      NBC is currently conducting a search for Ted's replacement.

      Download Director Application in Word Document Format
      http://www.narragansettbaychorus.org/DirectorSearch/DirectorApplicatio
      n.doc

      Download Director Application in Adobe Acrobat Format
      http://www.narragansettbaychorus.org/DirectorSearch/DirectorApplicatio
      n.pdf

      #2 Norwood, MA
      The Norwood chapter has a long history in the Boston area. While not
      as accomplished as the Providence chapter, they are seeking to
      advance their musical skills and keep chords ringing. This is a
      great opportunity for a new Director who would like to develop skills
      as s/he develops the singers. Barbershop experience is not a
      requirement. Training is available. For more information, contact
      Jack Cormish
      H: 781-329-2155
      jmcorish@...