IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT about THN...The Harmony Network

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2004
      To all those who love to listen to barbershop and acappella music LIVE on the Internet and on local radio!

      For most of you who are receiving this email, you are familiar with the APPLAUSE Show and with the project known as "THN...The Harmony Network.  This email is an announcement of our Fundraising Drive that will take place during the Live Broadcasts of the next two weeks (October 25-29 and Nov 1-4)

      In February of this year, Regional Broadcasting Services, the owner of WVRM AM, FM and on Comcast Cable in Upper Montclair, NJ entered into an agreement with THN...The Harmony Network, Inc. to turn over their broadcast facilities to THN for the purpose of developing an entire Network that would have acappella music, including barbershop harmony, as it's format.   Since then, the staff of THN has been involved in building programs to bring our audiences great vocal harmony on LIVE radio shows throughout the week.

      The arrangement between Regional Broadcasting Services and THN include the use of their Commercially Licensed (by the FCC) station, it's equipment and the signal to carry the broadcasts on an AM and FM frequency as well as the underlying "pad" for a local cable TV network.

      The Network Programs now include live programming on Monday through Thursday evenings from 7-11:00PM from the studios in Upper Montclair.  The cost of running the station through a "leaseback" arrangement will total just under $30,000.00 each year.  This compares very favorably with the budget associated with the station in NJ where The "APPLAUSE" Show began in 1997.  The budget for that station was just under $100,000.00/year.  ALL OF THE TALENT AND ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS NEEDED TO PRESENT THESE SHOWS  ON THE NETWORK IS VOLUNTEER! No one makes any money through working for and on the Network.

      These next two weeks are the most important two weeks in THN's short history.  We must raise $5,000.00 before November 15th to demonstrate to Regional Broadcasting Services that the acappella community CAN, and WILL financially support this venture. Then, throughout the year, we will need ongoing support from those organizations and individuals within the acappella music communities.

      PRIOR TO THN...WVRM, the actual station, had been on the air since 1997 and has developed a loyal audience of people who love "Classic Rock and Roll".  The moment we convert WVRM to an "ALL VOCAL HARMONY...ALL THE TIME" format, they will lose that audience and all of the revenue that those listeners have generated throughout the years.  The station ownership must see that our barbershop and acappella communities will financially support this venture.  If not, the project will fail and the Network will cease operation.

      If you have any interest in having an interactive radio network featuring barbershop harmony, acappella music, live radio shows, live performances of acappella groups, and information about the music and performers you love, WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW!

      Please tune in this week at www.harmonize.com/thn , access your favorite show and show host, and MAKE YOUR FINANCIAL contribution.  The future of the project is in the hands of those of us who love the music.  The possibilities for one of the most exciting things to happen in our world of acappella music will be determined in the next two weeks.

      On behalf of all of the people who have participated in the "APPLAUSE" Show, and now the Harmony Network, I thank you for your kind support. This is an historic venture and each of you can be part of keeping the Network moving forward.  Thank you also for your time in reading this message.

      "Music is the universal language,,,,speak it to as many people as you can every day of your life."

      Rich Taylor, President, THN...The Harmony Network www.harmonize.com/thn
      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000-2004

      Host of
      The "APPLAUSE"Show
      Show Website: The "APPLAUSE" Show Website

      for creating THN...The Harmony Network

      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      WVRM
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM