Teddy (from the harmonet)

  • Tom Emmert
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28 7:59 PM
      In case you missed it:

      Last night, during a Boston Pops concert at the DNC, Ted Kennedy
      sang "Sweet Adeline" with a backup quartet called "Overdrive" from
      NED:
      Jason Woolf, Tenor
      Al St.Louis, Lead
      Eric Ruthenberg, Baritone
      John Sinclair, Bass

      There was commentary on the Harmonet about whether this was a
      violation of our Code of Ethics, as well as a laundry list of
      alternative songs they might have sung: "Bridge Over Troubled
      Waters", "Asleep in the Deep", etc.

      But Joe Schlesinger of Northbrook IL came up with the best one (see
      below):

      Tom

      From: "Tom Emmert" <fclef@z...>
      Date: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:15 pm
      Subject: Re: Kennedy sang?

      ROFL!!! Good one, Joe!

      As long as we're overhauling SPEBSQSA, I propose amending Canon #8 on
      the back of our membership card to read:

      "We shall not permit the introduction of political (etc.) issues into
      the affairs of the Society, except to sing songs designed to puncture
      the inflated egos of nearby dignitaries".

      Tom in Cincy
      Charter member, American Society of Iconoclasts
      and a resident of MA 1968-78, but no more