Reminder - MBNA Collegiate Quartet Contest

  • boston-acappella@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004

      MBNA Collegiate Quartet Contest

      Date: Friday, July 2, 2004
      Time: 11:30AM - 5:00PM EDT (GMT-04:00)

      If you are still stuck on the notion that barbershop is just a
      bunch of "old guys", then you MUST check out this competition
      that will be webcast from Louisville.

      Over 20 male collegiate quartets from around the wworld will
      compete for title and scholarship money.

      Last year's champ was Heat, from the UMiami. Some of you may
      have seen them suing at the East Coast A Cappella Summit. Well,
      they have raised the bar, and this year's quartets should be up
      for the challenge.

      Tune in to root for Men in Black, our local favorite from the
      University of Hartford. They were 13th last year with a sick
      lead. We are hoping for bigger things this year!

      After watching, I hope you will join me in my quest to have a
      Boston area school representing us next year!

      To view the webcast go to:
      http://webcast.spebsqsa.org

      For more information about competing or viewing, contact Michael
      Klein, meklein@...