Looking for Asian American Singers to join Variasians

  • variasians2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2004
      CALL FOR SINGERS: VariAsians

      For Immediate Release
      Contact: Thuy Tran
      Phone: 617-697-2119
      Email:thuy@...

      Longing for the Limelight? Join the VariAsians and Shine!

      Boston – The VariAsians are currently looking for a few musically
      talented and fun loving people to join our family. The VariAsians
      comprise of singers with roots across Asia and America who come
      together to sing a cappella. We fuse East Asian influences with
      pop, rock, R&B, and soul for a lively, multi-layered sound.

      We are currently auditioning Asian American singers for all voice
      parts, with an emphasis on Soprano and Bass/Percussion. Singers
      with directing and teaching music ability are encouraged to
      audition. We typically practice 3 hours a week, but will practice
      more heading into major gigs. Interested singers must be highly
      committed, energetic, and flexible, with a strong sense of teamwork
      and high performance standards.

      Requirements:
      - Ability to read music or otherwise learn music quickly
      - Ability to stay on pitch within complex chords
      - Ability to blend and harmonize
      - Ability to contribute an average of 5-10 hours per week

      Highly preferred:
      - Ability to direct and teach music
      - Ability to sing lead
      - Managing and organizing skills
      - Past experience with a cappella music

      For audition information, please contact Thuy Tran IMMEDIATELY at
      (617)697-2119 or contact@.... For more information on the
      VariAsians, visit www.variasians.com.