BIG FAT VOCAL FEAST 2004 - Groups needed!

  • Diva
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2004
      (please note: all responses, questions, etc. should be directed to:
      bigfatvocalfeast@...)

      Hey Hey Hello!

      Preparations for the 3rd annual BIG FAT VOCAL FEAST are now underway!
      The date has been set for SUNDAY, August 29th @ 7:00 PM at the
      Stoneham Theatre in Stoneham, MA. (www.stonehamtheatre.org)ALL ABOUT
      BUFORD is the annual host for this event.

      Want to be part of the show? GREAT!

      There are several ways to participate and be involved in the show. We
      welcome ANY GROUP, ANY GENRE, from ANY AREA for consideration! This is
      one of the only large-capacity non-competitive shows in the area. It's
      a great way for the community to get together and celebrate the music
      we love
      during the summer! Here's how you can be involved:

      BANDS:

      1) There are several open spots in the show:

      *HEADLINER GROUP (1)
      *SHOWCASING SPOTS (2 LEFT) - (for up and coming and local groups)
      *SIDEWALK PERFORMANCE GROUP (1)- (for up and coming and local groups)

      If you'd like to be considered for any of these spots, please contact
      me at bigfatvocalfeast@... OR send your press kit and CD for
      consideration to:

      Taunia Soderquist
      Boston Symphony Orchestra
      Symphony Hall - 301 Mass Ave
      Boston, MA 02115
      DEADLINE TO APPLY: May 21, 2004

      2) The show soundtrack. We had a soundtrack playing before and after
      the show, and also during breaks throughout the show. A playlist with
      each song and band contact information is given out with the programs.
      Please send a CD with song selection clearly marked and contact info
      to the BSO address above.

      DEADLINE TO APPLY: June 1, 2004

      3) Raffles. We do a mid-show raffle with GREAT prizes. If your band
      has any merchandise you'd like to donate (FREE PUBLICITY, YO!)- please
      also send that to the address above.

      EVERYONE:

      Advertising: We'll be doing advertising in this year's program for
      cheap, cheap cheap! Business card size, half page, and whole page
      spots available. This is a great way to publicize your band or
      business to a large group of people for VERY little money. Please
      contact Taunia for rates and more info at:
      bigfatvocalfeast@....

      MORE INFO TO COME AS THE SHOW DEVELOPS. THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE
      SUPPORTED THE SHOW IN THE PAST, AND HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN THIS YEAR!!

      Cheers,
      Taunia