All About Buford version 2.1

  • Amy Malkoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2003
      We rehearsed as a 5-person band today for the first time,
      and...we're so excited with the results! Wes Carroll joined our
      newest member, Ben Jackson, for the first time, making us 5! Weee!
      The plan is to have us be 4 whenever we're Wes-less, and 5 when
      we're with Wes. We've got lots of tasty new harmonies and re-
      arranged songs, and we're so excited for you to hear the new sound.
      Conveniently, we have these shows next weekend, where we'll debut
      our new lineup:

      Friday, October 31 (Wes-ified)
      Voices From Beyond
      The Center for the Arts in Natick (TCAN)
      http://www.natickarts.org
      14 Summer St.
      Natick, MA
      7:30pm
      $13 in advance, $16 showday, students/seniors $1 off
      508.647.0097
      w/Duwende, Moosebutter, us, Harmonytryx, and Syncopation
      Oy! This is going to be such a spooky-good show

      Saturday and Sunday, Nov 1 and 2 (Wes-ified)
      The East Coast A Cappella Summit
      http://www.casa.org/eastcoastsummit
      Boston University's Jacob Sleeper Auditorium
      Boston, MA
      click here for ticket info
      800.827.2936
      we're performing in the main evening concert on Sat, and then an
      afternoon show on Sun - all open to the public

      NEWS: We've finished shooting for our studio video of "How Deep Is
      Your Love?", shot and produced by our friend Michael Bilotta (who
      also produced our CD - is there nothing he can't do?). The results
      so far have been fantastic. We've put up a few teaser clips of the
      work-in-progress on our website (http://www.allaboutbuford.com). The
      second component for this video project is to record a few live
      shows, so we'll be doing that in the Philly area on the following
      dates. Come down if you're in the area, and be part of our video!

      UPCOMING:
      Friday, November 7
      Bryn Mawr College
      http://www.brynmawr.edu
      Bryn Mawr, PA
      @ the Campus Center
      8:30pm
      free
      campus map
      w/the Bryn Mawr Night Owls and the Tufts Amalgamates

      Saturday, November 8
      XFS Houseconcert
      Sponsored by the Xtreme Folk Scene
      http://www.xfsmusic.org
      Philadelphia, PA
      8pm
      free to members/$10 cover for non-members
      opening act Cesar Alvarez
      pot luck drinks & snacks followed by a music jam
      for info and directions RSVP to RSVP@...
      215.242.6176

      details and much more at the (new & improved - just like us!)
      website: http://www.allaboutbuford.com

      ALL ABOUT BUFORD
      Amy Malkoff
      Taunia Soderquist