audition for a bass

  • christine_colburn
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6 11:32 AM
      Six Appeal is a mixed semi-professional a cappella group that's been
      making a name for itself in the Boston area. Our beloved bass is
      leaving us for Chicago (the city, not the show) and so we are
      auditioning for his replacement.

      This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced bass who's fun,
      funky, learns quickly, and has some nice low note resonance. Improv
      ability is a definite advantage, as is arranging, percussion, and a
      sense of humor.

      Our group is established, and we have many gig opportunities on the
      horizon. We're starting to record an album in the next month, and
      our new bass will be singing on it (if we like him enough and he
      agrees to pay for half the studio time. Just kidding.). All in
      all, there are a lot of exciting things happening with Six Appeal
      right now; it's the perfect time to get in!

      We require a dedicated commitment from our members: we rehearse twice
      a week and try to gig at least 2-3 times per month. However, the
      group is semi-professional, which means we act professionally only
      50% of the time and the rest of the time we are really immature. No,
      seriously, it means none of us is planning to quit our day jobs.

      So, check out our website at http://www.sixappeal.com The sound
      clips are a little dated right now, but you'll get the gist. And if
      you think we'd be a good fit for each other, please get in touch with
      us.

      Email us at auditions@... (or call Christy at 617-625-6705)
      and tell us about your singing experience and your age
      (twenty-somethings only, please).

      Can't wait to hear from you!

      -Ben, Christy, Irene, Julie, Kim, and Matt
      Six Appeal
      http://www.sixappeal.com