Re: [boston-acappella] Harmony Sweepstakes March 8 - Boston

  • Amy Mossman
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2003

      > Thought All About Buford was definitely creative, cool, bold, funky, funny,
      > all that, but oddly didn't always hold my attention, and not always pleasant
      > to listen to...too many soloists going their own way, and not enough
      > "group"...

      I'm impressed with the vocal talents of All About Buford and they are
      also good songwriters but I always think they could benefit from one
      more voice. I saw them recently with Duwende in North Andover and the
      difference in sound from a 4 member group (one on VP) to a 7 member
      group (1 VP, 1 vocal bass) was pretty striking. It seems in a cappella
      that has VP you need 5 voices; it is much more than 1 more than 4.
      Wait, I seem to be channelling Spinal Tap...

      Anyway, fantastic evening of a cappella and also great to see it sold
      out. I also have become a total fan of Groove, could they stop being
      Boston's rarest seen a cappella sensation?

      Amy Mossman
    • Don Gooding
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10, 2003
        At 09:33 AM 3/10/2003 -0500, Amy Mossman wrote:

        >I'm impressed with the vocal talents of All About Buford and they are
        >also good songwriters but I always think they could benefit from one
        >more voice. I saw them recently with Duwende in North Andover and the
        >difference in sound from a 4 member group (one on VP) to a 7 member
        >group (1 VP, 1 vocal bass) was pretty striking. It seems in a cappella
        >that has VP you need 5 voices

        I dunno, Rockapella seems to do ok with their configuration. :-)

        Don Gooding
        Mainely A CAPPELLA http://www.a-cappella.com
        don@... P.O. Box 159/11 Seal Cove Rd.
        800-827-2936 Southwest Harbor, ME 04679
        207-244-7603 (overseas calls) 207-244-7613 (fax)
        WEB STORE: http://mac3.a-cappella.com/shop
        Now with more than 20,000 sound files!