Choral director wanted for small a cappella group

  • gwen frankfeldt
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2002
      Hello,

      Our 9-woman a cappella group, Offbeat, is looking for a new director.

      The group is based in Winchester, MA. Our repertoire is eclectic. Most
      recently, we have focused on music of the 40's through the 60's (such as
      Java Jive, Embraceable You, Mr. Sandman, Under the Boardwalk, Helplessly
      Hoping) but we are open to other kinds of music. We do a Christmas program,
      a spring concert, and a variety of social and charitable events, so far
      mostly in Winchester. We are also interested in performing at coffeehouses
      and other settings. We are women aged 40 - 55.

      The director's fee is negotiable. Rehearsals would need to be either Monday
      or Wednesday mornings at a rotating group member's home in Winchester.

      We're looking for someone with experience in choral directing, who can work
      well with a small group and help us to improve our blend, vocal technique,
      and expressiveness. It would be helpful if the director was able to create
      some arrangements for us, and accompany a few pieces at times. The director
      does not need to be present at most of our gigs, where we direct ourselves.

      We would like to have a potential new director come to our first fall
      rehearsal on Monday morning, Sept. 9, if possible.

      Anyone who is interested should call either of the two founding members who
      will be speaking with all applicants:

      Ellen Wilson 781-729-2203
      Beth Norton 781-721-0912

      Thanks! Here's to great music!