Facts about The "APPLAUSE" Show, WDVR-FM

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2000
      Hi there, all A Cappella fans!

      Rich Taylor, here, and I am one of two Co-Hosts of the weekly three hour
      radio broadcast called The "APPLAUSE" Show, which eminates from the studios
      of WDVR-FM , 89.7 and 91.9 FM from the town of Sergeantsville, NJ
      (West-Central part of NJ in Hunterdon Cty). The show features the very best
      of Contemporary A Cappella, Vocal Jazz and Barbershop Harmony each week on
      Thursday Nights from 7:00-10:00pm (Eastern Time).
      WDVR-FM is a member of the public broadcasting industry, with a 5000 watt
      stereo signal which reaches from the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania down
      through the Lehigh River Valley (Allentown/Bethlehem and Easton areas) into
      NJ and the Delaware Valley River region (Northeast Pennsylvania/ NE
      Philadelphia) and into the Trenton, Princeton and Lawrenceville NJ areas.
      They transmit from two radio towers on 89.7 from Franklin Twp. (NJ) and on
      91.9 (Trenton/Princeton area).
      The "APPLAUSE" Show is also found on the internet at: WWW.WDVRFM.ORG
      and currently has the largest audience of WDVR each week on the internet
      with more than 500 listeners listening in since we have been on the internet.
      The "APPLAUSE" Show is committed to bringing the finest of a cappella music
      to our audiences, and we are committed to allowing perfromers the opportunity
      to perform on "Live radio" when theya re in the NJ area. WDVR now has an
      intimate performing facitlity called
      "The LOFT@Studio D"
      which has seating capacity for 50 people , and where WDVR-FM has invested
      $11,000.00 in sound equipment to insure that all groups who perform have
      state-of-the-art equipment. The Shows at the LOFT can be recorded for future
      broadcast on The "APPLAUSE" Show, OR they can be "simulcast" as the
      "APPLAUSE" Show on any Thursday Night.

      As an example, this Thursday, October 26th, we will have BALL IN THE HOUSE"
      in the LOFT as a live simulcast of the "APPLAUSE" Show. We hope all of you
      will listen in at www.wdvrfm.org and email us on-air if you want to make a
      comment or request a song. We try and honor all requests when they come in.

      Well, that's it for now.... for myself, Dave Stadtmauer (Co-Host), and
      T.J.Barranger (Production Assistant), I say thanks for listening in, and let
      us know if we can play your music on our show. We will send any group the
      policies for submitting music to the show, and we will play any group that
      follows the policies of the show. Thanks again

      Rich Taylor
      RMTMUSIC@...
      (908)713-4912 (Home-message)