Tuckermans at 9 has a rare opening!

  • Mark Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2013
      Would you or someone you'd recommend like to join T9? We have a rare opening!

      Singing with semi-pro, contemporary a cappella group Tuckermans at 9, based in the New Hampshire seacoast area, is a lotta work. It's also WAY more fun than most singers can stand. And for the first time in eight years, we're auditioning for a first tenor.

      We're not a "stand and sing" group. We do "shows", not "concerts". But we don't try to be "hip" or "cool", just friendly and fun. While the music always comes first, we work hard to engage and involve our audiences.

      To keep the diva quotient low, we spread the solos around. No, really; this is a big part of our brand. Over and over, we hear how much concertgoers enjoy the variety of our music. Different eras, different styles, different soloists… they all combine for a versatile repertoire.

      Our performance goal is approximately once per month. Singers are paid when possible. And with just a few exceptions, singers are not expected to contribute financially and there are no dues to pay.

      Rehearsals are every Tuesday, year 'round, usually in either Durham or Exeter, but on rare occasions in Dover. We begin promptly at 7pm and work straight through til 9pm. (Tuckermans AT 9… get it?) We find this makes longer rehearsals unnecessary and leaves time for, well, "social" time afterward, usually involving adult beverages. Obviously, absences for illness, occasional work issues, and vacations are permitted, but membership in Tuckermans at 9 is a serious commitment.

      We're looking for a "rock n' roll" tenor who can also blend when not soloing. But even if you're not sure you can rock OR roll, we encourage you to inquire. You might be surprised what you can do!

      Other things we're looking for…

      • Must read music
      • Must be able to work on, learn, and memorize music between rehearsals
      • Must help with equipment load-in/load-out and set-up at shows
      • Vocal percussion, arranging, and theater experience helpful but not required
      • Must be willing to accept solo work

      Interested? Email Mark Miller: mark@... We'll send you the link to our video demo.

      C'mon… you know you want to!