Audition Posting

  • Judy Ryde
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2001

      Please include the following audition announcement on the Boston acappella newsgroup posting.  Thanks!

      Judy Ryde (Boston Uncommon)

      Boston Uncommon Seeks Soprano(s)

      Boston Uncommon is a women�s a cappella group which has been in existence for almost 20 years.  We are four working moms (in and/or out of the home) in our late 30's to mid 40's who join together weekly on Tuesday evenings in Newton to make great music and have fun.  Our repertoire consists of broadway tunes, old standards, classic rock/pop, folk and some other obscure popular music.  Humor is one of our specialties, and we perform many songs that are entertaining and funny as well as pretty to listen to.  We are more of a "classic" a cappella group (barely any vocal percussion), but not in the genre of the Sweet Adelines or barbershop.  We produced a CD in 1998 which was well received, and our major claim to fame was an appearance on "The Rosie O'Donnell Show".   We perform mainly for private parties and corporate functions, though we like to do at least one public performance each year, the most well known of which is our annual "Gathersing", an invitational a cappella music festival.  We recently lost our soprano of 12 years and are looking for one or two sopranos of similar demographic to round out our ranks.  No formal training or prior a cappella experience are required, but we are looking for someone who has a good ear and the ability to read music and learn quickly.   If you are interested in an audition, please contact Judy at JRPikeEsq@....