Sounds of Concord and University of NewCastle Chamber Choir Present "a Show of Champions" Jue 23rd

  • Lee Daum
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2012

      Hello All:

      Sounds of Concord, 2011 Northeast District Champions of the Barbershop Harmony Society, are Presenting the SHOW OF CHAMPIONS on Saturday June 23rd at 7:30 PM, at the Emerson Umbrella Theater, 40 Stow St., Concord, Mass.

      In addition to our award winning four part a cappella sound, we are also featuring the University of Newcastle Chamber Choir from Australia!   This ensemble is a 2010 World Choir Games gold medalist, and they are making a Boston stop on their way to perform at the UN General Assembly in New York City , after which they are off to Cincinnati to defend their title at the 2012 World Choir Games.  Here's a video about their win at the 2008 Battle of the Choirs:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvzVDh8jByY

      The University of Newcastle choir performs a combination of classical and contemporary a cappella.

      Sounds of Concord's portion of the program will feature an almost all new repertoire of four part a cappella numbers, including, of course, our Portland contest package.

      Also featured are Downtown Crossing, 2011 Northeast District Silver Medalist, and Testostertones, 2012 Patriot Division Champions.

      This show is also a fundraiser for Sounds of Concord's International Travel Fund, and we appreciate your support to help us get there.

      Tickets are $20 general admission, $25 reserved seating.  For information, go to   http://www.soundsofconcord.org  for all of the details, including a flier.  Tickets can be also be ordered  through our Ticket Chairman, Mark Russell Prior,  tix@...    Order early, as this show may sell-out.

      Afterwards, there will be a fine afterglow at Uno's in Waltham— good food and lots of singing opportunities with our Australian guests!.  This will be “pay-as-you-go” and will be a fundraiser for Sounds of Concord. If you want to help out, please print the coupon from our website and bring it with you.

      Thank you and we hope to see you on the 23rd!

      Best Regards,
      Lee Daum
      lee.daum@...
      35 George St.