Boston Globe takes a cappella challenge!

  • Amy Malkoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2001
      There's a column in the Boston Globe called "Go!"--one of the writers
      is a guy named Christopher Muther who has written about some upcoming
      a-c concerts, always in a manner like "...although I hate a cappella,
      here's a concert that's coming up..." I wondered why he bothered
      mentioning the concerts at all. By his own words, he clearly hasn't
      heard much (or any) current a cappella and was going by
      misconceptions. Spurred on by another Globe writer that I know (who
      asked to not be named), I sent a challenge to the Boston Globe Arts
      Editor and Christopher Muther that they come out to a show and see
      what the scene is REALLY about. If this column is meant to get young
      people out to see/hear live events, slamming them isn't going to
      entice anyone. So I suggested they come out and see for themselves.

      To their credit, they took the challenge! Christopher Muther will be
      at our Johnny D's show tomorrow (Oct 16) where we (All About Buford)
      will share the stage with Soundstage7 and Sean Altman. He's bringing
      photographers and will do an article that will combine reviews of
      this show, interviews with some band members, and info about the
      upcoming East Coast Summit! Yay!

      Please come out to this show and show The Globe that a cappella CAN
      rock and that there is support for it in this arts-rich area!
      Here's the info:

      The Occasional World Tour
      Tuesday, October 16, 2001
      Johnny D's