Sounds of Concord Places Second in Singing Competition -- Will perform live on November 20 in Weston

  • Lee Daum
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2010

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
      Sounds of Concord Places Second in Singing Competition
                      --  Will perform live November 20 in Weston

      Sounds of Concord, a 33-strong men's a cappella chorus based in Concord MA, placed second and won the award for the Most Improved Chorus overall at the Northeastern District Barbershop Chorus Competition recently in Portland, ME.  Matched against the best amongst 50 other choruses from Canada and New England , SOC achieved its highest score in the last 20 years and "proved without a doubt that the 'Sounds' unique blend of traditional and modern American harmony is a real crowd pleaser," said Scott Domaratius, President.

      "This is an amazing time for us," he continued.  "Interest in a cappella and barbershop singing is at an all-time high and we are riding the wave.  Our membership is up 50 percent this year alone and we have big plans for the future.  But we're always looking to add new members.  Young or old, if you can hold a tune, come and sing with us at one of our weekly rehearsals."

      You can catch the Sounds of Concord live on November 20 at their show, "Champs," at Regis College Fine Arts Center , 235 Wellesley Street , Weston MA at 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm.  That show will also feature award winning quartets Snapshot! and On Air.

      Those interested in joining the chorus are invited to visit http://www.soundsofconcord.org or find them on Facebook.  We rehearse at Temple Emunah in Lexington most Thursday nights at 7:30.

      # # #

      Contact: Scott Domaratius
      Phone: 866-537-1584