Free Voice Classes for Men - this time to be held in Waltham!

  • Lee Daum
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2010
      Hi All:

      Sounds of Concord will again be offering free* group voice classes for men
      who sing and who wish to become better singers. If you are a guy or know a
      guy who enjoys singing, this is a great program!

      The classes are sponsored by Sounds of Concord, an award winning men's a
      cappella chorus, and will consist of 4 classes on Thursday nights beginning
      September 16, and continuing on September 23, 30 and October 7.

      A short session for registration, class overview, and determination of
      voice range will be held the first night, Thursday, September 16 at
      7:00pm. Our temporary location (for the month of September only) will be in
      rented space at Waltham Crossings**, 126 Smith Street, Waltham, MA, (near
      Trapelo Rd.) just off Route 128. The first class will follow after that
      session.

      Classes will be taught by Steve Tramack, former director of the Nashua
      Granite Statesmen, and baritone of Breakaway, a Top 5 quartet in the
      Northeastern District of the Barbershop Harmony Society. Topics will
      include breath support, improving resonance, vowel matching, and other
      techniques to improve vocal production. Music will be taught using voice
      part learning
      CDs, so you don't have to read music!

      Here's what some guests have said about these classes:

      "Thank you SO much for this wonderful experience. You all have given me
      renewed hope and enthusiasm for improving my singing. "

      "I was truly impressed by the musicality and camaraderie of Sounds of
      Concord. Singing with the group after the lessons each week was an
      unexpected treat. "

      "I want to thank you and the rest of Sounds of Concord for a fabulous
      experience, both the vocal lessons and the opportunity to sing with the
      guys. Steve is fabulous I learned a tremendous amount and enjoyed every
      minute of the experience."

      For further details or to pre-register Call 866-537-1584 or contact:
      sing@...

      *A $10. materials fee is the only cost. There is no other obligation.

      ** Starting with the final class on October 7 we will return to our regular
      rehearsal space at Temple Emunah, 9 Piper Road in Lexington Mass. (off
      Waltham Street).

      Lee Daum
      781-643-7468