American Harmony-The Movie

  • Lee Daum
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2010

      Hi Everyone:

      American Harmony, the movie documentary, is coming to the Regent Theater in Arlington Mass. Friday Feb 5th and Sat Feb 6th.  This will be the first New England Showing of the movie that many of us have been waiting to see for months.

      From the movie web site:

      Every year thousands compete in the world's greatest singing competition…that you've never heard of.

      AMERICAN HARMONY journeys deep into the ultra-obsessive, zany, and heartfelt world of competitive barbershop singing, where passion is equaled only by raw talent, and the reward is not fame or fortune, but simply victory. The film focuses on four quartets vying to win the International Championships of Barbershop Singing, in what turns out to be the closest and most controversial victory in its 70 year history. Max Q is the heavy favorite - a superstar quartet comprised of former Champions. Looking to upset them is OC Times (The Heart-Throbs), Vocal Spectrum (The Rookies) and Reveille, an aging foursome who that has been together for 30 years. In total, fifty quartets duke it out for the coveted gold medal, while facing the pressures of quartet life - from big egos to brain cancer and everything in between.

      We are combining the screening of the movie with an Open mic session beforehand and we will be having an afterglow party, either at the theater, or perhaps at a Nearby Restaurant or Church Hall (we are working on that).  All a Cappella Groups are invited to sing.  Stand by for more detail….plan to have lots of fun.

      Doors will open at 7:00 and we expect the Movie to run 8-9:30.  And after that it’s pah-tee time.  We will try to accommodate any quartets or choruses that want to sing.  For ticket info go to http://www.regenttheatre.com/events/American_Harmony.htm

      Be prepared to have a great time.

      Yours, in Harmony,
      Lee Daum
      Vice President