Looking to add an alto to Custom Blend

  • rydersherry
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2009
      Custom Blend is a ten member mixed a cappella group (5 men and 5 women). We are looking to add an alto to our ranks to give us greater flexibility. We are looking for a strong alto with a wide range (E below middle C to F an octave and a 4th above middle C).

      Custom Blend has been singing together for over six years and has amassed a huge musical repertoire (over 50 songs and growing), so whoever hopes to join us needs to have the skills, the voice and the musical chops to get up to speed fast. Also critical will be your ability to mesh with the group. Part of our magic has been the ability to work together without an "assigned" musical leader. We are a democracy, but with all the egos and personalities of talented folks finding the right blend is critical. We have become a tight-knit family. Group age ranges from about forty to about sixty.

      If you love to sing, have a great alto voice, have experience singing with groups and love the magic of a "juicy" chord..this may be the opportunity for you. We rehearse most Sunday nights in Acton between 7-9 PM. (rehearsals are great fun) and we perform 10-15 gigs a year (some are smaller gigs...some are concert style). Although the group charges for most gigs...singers are not paid. We do it for the love of singing together. Earnings go towards gear, music, other expenses and recording sessions.

      If you are interested, contact Tom Ryder (tryder@... or sherry.ryder@...). Once we have gauged the level of interest we will be setting up an audition night to see everyone.