Harmony Extreme Camp - Scholarships For High School Students and Music Educators

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2009
      Hello,

      As part of the Barbershop Harmony Society's commitment
      to youth outreach, we support a youth music camp called Harmony eXtreme Camp Northeast. Full details including testimonials can be found at www.nedyih.org

      All attendees to the camp are fully scholarshipped. There only criticism that we get every year is that "there should have been more students to take part in this" If you or any of your group members want to attend, or happen to know famiy (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree) or friends who would be might be interested, please pass this information along. We will be happy to provide them scholarships to attend the camp.

      Harmony eXtreme Camp Northeast (HX), at Worcester State College, in
      Worcester MA is a tremendous musical experience, and involves 4 groups.

      1. Male High School Students (those entering 9th grade thru those that just finished 12th grade). This program is August 6-9.

      2. Female High School students (entering 9th grade thru just finished
      12th). This one day program is a new addition that will be held on SAT
      Aug. 8.

      3. Professional Development Program for Music Educators. Aug. 6-9.

      4. Professional Development Program for College Students that are Music Education majors. Aug. 6-9.

      This is our 11th year for the program, and we have continuously received rave reviews. Our faculty is coming in from Durham NC, Nashville TN , New York NY, Ohio, and yes, even New Hampshire !
      Music selections will be a mixture many genres and styles. All A Cappella 4 part harmony, not all of it arranged in the barbershop harmony style. Click the link below for complete Bios.

      All participants will get to show off in the "not to be missed" Saturday Evening Show.

      Questions are best directed to:
      Scott Domaratius
      HX Camp Northeast Coordinator
      hxcamp@...

      For easy distribution, An Event flyer can be found at:
      http://nedyih.org/images/pdfs/HXpreflier09v5.pdf

      Thank you for your assistance in spreading the word about this fantastic opportunity for students and educators that love vocal harmony.

      Regards,
      Michael Klein
      Barbershop Harmony Society
      VP - NED, Marketing & Public Relations

      REFERENCE:
      When: August 6-9
      Where: Worcester State College, Worcester MA
      Teaching Quartet: 4-Way Stop
      Clinicians/Directors: Dr. Bill Adams & James Estes

      Music:
      Home on the Range
      Viva L'Amore
      Flanders Fields
      Drivin' Me Crazy
      Come Fly With Me
      Anything You Can Do (8-parts with girls Chorus)

      WEBSITE:
      http://nedyih.org/